Fourty-Six || Aiding and Abetting

|| Aiding and Abetting

"Dude, I messed up."

Stiles leaned on the gym locker, back at school after getting shooed out of the station by his father. "With Kira?"

"I kissed her, but it was our first kiss since our actual first kiss."

"That's good," Stiles said. "You kissed her."

"I did, but I didn't."

Stiles tried to evaluated the situation. "Was...was it on the lips?"

"Yeah."

Stiles nodded, "Was there tongue?"

"No, I..." Scott grew flustered with himself. "It was like how you kiss your grandmother when you're five."

"Oh, chaste. You gave her a chaste kiss."

Scott was panicking. "Yeah, and now it's...it's all weird. It's all completely weird and now I, I don't know what to do. Maybe I should text her."

"No," Stiles immediately said. "Just no with the texts."

The locker room conversation was broken up by Coach blowing the whistle.

"As a reminder, it's an open tryout today. All positions available. This is a rebuilding season, people." Coach looked to his clipboard, "Jackson's gone, Lahey's gone. Greenberg, the one guy I actually wanted gone, was held back. Again." He collected his thoughts and raised his voice. "Get your asses on the field!"

Scott grabbed his gear before jogging after Finstock. "Hey, Coach. I just wanted to ask if...if I was still...if I'm, you know."

"You're on the team, McCall."

"But...but am I everything that I was on the team before?"

Coach leaned in a little, "All positions are open."

As Scott left the locker room, Stiles didn't like the look on Liam's face.

||

"Stiles, please tell me you're kidding." Wincing against the light of her lamp, Jacy was struggling to keep consciousness as she held her phone to her ear. "You kidnapped a freshman and then lost him?"

"Okay I didn't kidnap him. That was Scott after he bit him. I only aided and abetted."

Jacy let out a soft sigh as she rubbed under her eyes. "Babe, that's not much better."

"I know, I just," Stiles groaned a little. 'This kid might turn, y'know?"

"Why did Scott bite him again?" she asked as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Sean sort of ate someone and then while Liam was dangling off the ledge of the hospital roof, the only way to save him was for Scott to bite his arm."

Jacy sat up with an estranged look on her face. "Maybe you should have started with that."

"That, and a guy with no mouth killed Sean."

"And here I thought the kidnapping was the worst part." Jacy started to climb out of bed. "I always sleep through the good stuff."

"Do you want to come over? It might be easier to explain with you here."

"Is your dad okay with that? It's like, one." Jacy padded around her room, pinching her phone between her ear and shoulder as she wiggled into jeans. "Did you just unlock your window?" She rolled her eyes, "Okay, give me five minutes."