Seventy-Two || Doctor Doctor

|| Doctor Doctor

Still rattled from her trip to Eichen, Lydia knew there was a bigger picture to be had.

Two girls needed to be woken up, and it looked like Deaton was the only resource left to exhaust.

Lydia picked up her phone from the exam table in the vet clinic, putting it in her purse before returning her gaze to Deaton. "Before Mexico, there's something we could use your help with."

Deaton, of course, didn't deny his help. "What is it?"

Taking out her car keys, Lydia was nothing but dismal. "Follow me."

She was worried about Scott. She was worried Deaton couldn't help or wouldn't know how.

All she was was worry, and it was killing her.

The car remained silent, the banshee alone as Deaton followed in his own. She didn't like being alone, but lately it was her only option.

As the Dane home came into view, Lydia pulled in behind Jacy's untouched car and waited just outside the door for Deaton.

The vet slowly walked up, eyeing the house uncomfortably.

Lydia met him halfway to the front door, uncertain of what his expression meant. "What is it?"

"Nothing," Deaton softly replied as he forced the look off his face. "Just an odd sense."

Lydia, for the sake of waking Jacy and Allison, let it go and walked Deaton to the house. She knocked twice before turning the handle and going in. "Olivia? I brought Dr. Deaton."

Dr. Dane poked her head out on the landing, a look of relief on her face. "Thank god. Come on up."

Lydia headed towards the stairs, glancing back to catch Deaton looking around with the same off look as before. "Doc?"

Deaton made himself follow Lydia, "Sorry, it just feels charged here." Without explaining he joined Olivia in Jacy's room. His eyberows rose, reaching the figure of Allison. "Oh."

"Oh?" Lydia asked, "That's all you've got?"

"Although it's not as uncommon as it should be, seeing someone back from the dead is still a little concerning."

Olivia, nursing a coffee the sheriff had dropped off hours before, stepped in. "Jacy used the Portial du Mort, it-"

"Brings someone through the veil," Deaton finished before walking up to the bed. "And when did this happen?"

"Immediately once Jacy pulled her through. They both went unconscious," Olivia explained. "Stiles said there was a bright blue light then they both hit the ground."

Lydia was wringing her fingers, "Can you wake them?"

"I-"

"Mom!"

A loud noise slammed on the floor below, Jordan's voice travelling upstairs.

Olivia shot out the room, rarely hearing her son with such a level of desperation. "Jordan?" She ran down the stairs, her eyes widening as she saw Chris Argent bloody and slummed against Jordan.

"Mom, you've got to help him," Jordan begged.

Olivia uttered God's name, her pulse jumping as she rushed towards the collapsing body of Chris.

However, instead or panicking, her years of medical school took over. "Get him on the kitchen table, I'll get my kit and towels."

At the top of the staircase with Deaton, Lydia quickly offered her services. "I'll get the towels."