Nineteen || Overstepping

|| Overstepping

Jacy sat on one of the bar stools in her kitchen in a gray tshirt and leggings, her feet bare. She stared blankly at the counter top, Aaron sleeping at the base of her seat.

It had been two days since she went in the lake and two things were very, very wrong.

She hadn't gotten sick from Boyd's passing and she hadn't seen Stiles at all.

Jacy ran her hand through her hair, spotting the pastel blue streak she put in weeks ago. She furrowed her eyebrows at it.

"Same as my Jeep."

Jacy looked up, Stiles across the counter without his smile. "You're all right."

"I can't say I agree with that," Stiles retorted, his eyes on Jacy differently than normal.

"Why?" Stiles always hated how amazing she looked all the time, and now wasn't helping either.

"How come you never told me?" Stiles blew past her question.

Jacy rose an eyebrow with a concerned face. "Told you what?"

Stiles' face stayed stiff, "Jordan."

"Stiles, what about Jordan?"

"Were you tricking me?" He was distraught but mad. "Do you enjoy leading people on?"

"I-"

A fist heavily knocked on the front door, stopping Jacy's reply.

With Olivia at work, Jacy had to get it. She turned from Stiles, walking out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

Jacy unlocked the door, pulling it open and staring up at the figure waiting for her. "Agent McCall? How can I help you?"

Agent McCall stood on the door step with a solid, stern expression on his face. "You could come with me."

"Excuse me?" Jacy tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Agent, I don't understand."

McCall tilted his head a little, "May I come in?"

"But you just said-" Jacy was having an incredibly confusing morning. She gave up and stepped to the side. "Sure, Agent."

Agent McCall came in past Jacy, glancing around. "Are you home alone?"

"Mom's at work." Jacy exchanged looks with Stiles, who had become distracted by Scott's dad.

"And your father?" McCall adjusted his red tie although it was perfectly done. He was trying to intimidate her.

"In Michigan," she flatly said, "Probably in a meeting or making a slam campaign against some poor idiot stupid enough to try."

"Ah, yes," the FBI agent pocketed his hands in his suit and watched the teen carefully, "the senator."

"What does it matter? You already knew that, Sir."

"Mhm, well, Jacy, we've come across something curious in both the case of Mr. Stilinski and well as the girl from the lake two nights ago."

Jacy knew he would decline to sit down so they stayed standing. "What would that be?"

"You."

"What are you insinuating, Agent McCall?"

"Do me a favor," Raphael said. "Put on some shoes. Any shoes, I don't mind. A coat, too." He held up a finger before she could talk. "Don't ask, just do it."