Seventeen || Food Always Bonds

|| Food Always Bonds

Jacy knocked on the front door of the Martin lakehouse, Lydia answering with little hesitation. She smiled at the strawberry blonde lightly. "Hey."

Lydia returned the smile, "Come on in." She backed up, letting her sort-of-friend into the house.

"How'd you get here before me?" Jacy curiously asked, spotting Scott in the living room and Kira coming down from upstairs with a stack of blankets.

"I skipped," Lydia simply said, shutting the front door. "No one learns anything on the last day before break anyways."

"We told her about Stiles scaring off our history class." Scott grinned, changed into a BHHS lacrosse hoodie.

"Speaking of." Lydia took the blanket off of the top of the stack Kira had, wrapping it around her shoulders. "He must be here with you."

"Bingo." Stiles nodded, clicking his tongue.

"Yeah, he's here." Jacy pulled off her jacket and hung it on the coat rack. "Were you planning on him being here, because that's a lot of blankets."

"We were going to go outside once it got dark." Kira set down the multitude of blankets. "Bonfire pit by the lake."

Jacy meerly nodded, glancing around the room. "This place is really nice."

"Thanks. It was my grandma's." Lydia let out a relieved breath. "Okay, pizza or chinese? I know it's like noon, so we need lunch asap."

"Are there any non-take out options?" Scott was slung on the couch comfortably.

"I'm awful at cooking." Lydia kept the blue blanket around her, still looking flawless.

"I can only do sushi and unless we're going fishing, that's out of the question." Kira leaned on the back of the sofa, facing the two girls at the head of the room.

"Take out it is."

"Jace, you can cook," Stiles said, pocketing his hands.

Jacy pushed up the sleeves of her cardigan, "I can cook."

Kira, Lydia and Scott turned to Jacy curiously. They were looking at her like she was their saviour.

"How good are we talking?" Lydia asked with an arched brow.

Jacy shrugged a little, looking to Scott for help. "I made that lasagna the day you and your mom came."

Scott smiled widely, "Oh yeah, she can cook."

Laughing, Jacy moved a wisp of hair from her cheek. "What are you guys hungry for?"

"Can you make mac andcheese?" Scott was profoundly happy with the idea.

"She's a chef and you ask for noodles and cheese from a box?" Kira's mouth twitched up into a smile.

"No, no. Not the box kind," the alpha assured. "Like homemade stuff."

"I can do that." Jacy turned to Lydia, "Do you have stuff for that in the kitchen?"

"I think so." Lydia motioned towards the kitchen, "C'mon."

"See," Stiles proudly smiled, walking with Jacy and Lydia to the slightly retro room, "you'll all be friends in no time. Bonding over food seals the deal. Always."

Kira and Scott came into the kitchen with Lydia, putting the total at five instead of the seen four.

Lydia let the blanket off of her shoulder and draped it over a chair. "Okay, so noodles in the pantry, cheese in the fridge." She pensively looked around, "Strainer under the oven and," she pulled down a red pot and gave it to Jacy, "we're good to go."