Thirty-Six || Sociopathic Bitch

|| Sociopathic Bitch

Stiles Stilinski thought his trouble was over once the kanima ordeal was settled. He hoped that maybe on the off chance after Jennifer was killed, he could live in peace with a little darkness around his heart.

As things got worse, so did his chances of ever being better.

The time off after he was no longer an evil fox seemed like a good place for normality to take hold. Maybe he would even talk to that pretty new girl in history.

And when his car flipped, his wish was granted. But of course, the peace was only brief. It was murder, almost. The sliver of potential for a quiet end to junior year was shattered.

Stiles knew that for sure as he sat in a dimly lit room, faded figures covered in blood littering the tiny space.

Only he and Jacy were real, but there could've been at least sixteen others among them.

But it was Jacy who saw three times as many.

Stiles had failed to tell Jacy he saw what she did and with both Scott and Kira along with Lydia in possession of the Calaveras, now wasn't the perfect time.

"I can hear them."

When Stiles pushed past the voices of the spirits, he realized it was Jacy talking. "What is it? What are they doing with them?"

"They're making Kira electrocute Scott to get him to answer Araya's question." Jacy's eyes were distant. "It's either Scott, or they'll do it to Lydia."

"But Lydia can't heal," Stiles said, getting up from the ground.

"That's the point." Jacy flinched as if she could feel the level 1 of electric waves flow through Scott. "Araya thinks Scott knows who took Derek."

Stiles started pacing, running his hands through his hair. "Why would we be here if we knew?"

"...a vendetta particular to the Hales."

"She already knows who," Jacy mumbled, zeroing in on Araya's voice over the pain of Scott. "She's playing us."

But then the whispers of the long dead came.

Kate.

"So think!" Araya sharply said over the electrical pulses that made the lights above Stiles and Jacy flicker. "Who could have taken him?" After a struggle and Severo forcing Kira to go up more, she spoke. "Who had the power of a shapeshifter? Someone who could've turned without you knowing?"

Kate. Kate.

And by the way Jacy looked at Stiles, she knew that he heard it too.

"Turned, but not by a bite." Araya shouted, "Diez! Diez!"

"They're killing him," Jacy said, the lights above almost cutting out completely before shutting off and bursting back on.

She knew it could take Scott's life if Araya didn't get the right answer from him.

"Scott!" Jacy yelled, "It's Kate!"

But with all the surrounding noise, it was unlikely for him to hear her.

"Jacy." Stiles said, "Roar. You have to if you want him to hear."

And so she did.

||

Stiles took off his jacket, making Jacy put it on. He fixed her hair, letting the brown curls with a purple streak drape over her shoulders. "There."