Twenty-Four || The Cool Brother

|| The Cool Brother

Jacy leaned against the cool glass, curled up in a blanket in the window seat. Maybe she could still see the fireworks from here. God knows she didn't want to leave the house.

"So, you saw him?" Allison was on Jacy's bed, watching her with concern.

"Yeah, I did." Jacy's voice barely made it out.

"How'd it go?"

"He doesn't remember me." Her finger traced a shape in the front on the window, "Exactly what I was afraid of."

"I'm sorry, J."

"It doesn't matter." Jacy shut her eyes and rested her head in her hand. "I, uh, I think I just want to be alone right now, Al."

"Okay. You know how to find me." Allison knew this was the best thing she could do for her friend.

Jacy opened her eyes again, watching the moon rise above the rooftops.

There were two knocks on her bedroom door, Jacy not even looking.

"Not now Mom," she said dully, a cloud crossing the soon to be full moon.

The door opened anyway, squeaking as it did.

"Mom, I-" Jacy looked over her shoulder, stopping. "How did you get in here?"

Stiles shut the door behind him, "Your mom let me in."

"How did you know where I live?" Jacy stood up, leaving her blanket in a pile on the window ledge.

"How could I not know this house, Jace?"

An almost sad smile crossed her face. "You remember?"

"How about you tell me." Stiles walked to Jacy, cupping her face like he had Christmas Eve, and kissed her.

Jacy smiled against his lips, her arms wrapping around his neck.

He was completely warm and so real.

"So?" Stiles asked, when he pulled away, resting his forehead again hers.

"I'll take that as a yes." Jacy laughed, going up on her tiptoes and meeting his lips again.

Stiles held her waist, shaking his head when they parted. "I don't know how it worked but when you touched me, it all came back." He stopped, "How come you didn't come see me after I woke up?"

"Because you didn't remember me." Jacy traced his cheekbone lightly with her thumb, "It hurt too much."

"Either way, you did it, Jace. You woke me up." Stiles smiled, "You did it."

"But you died first, Stiles," she softly said. "You were dead."

"And now I'm not." Stiles deflected in an assuring tone. "And I remember my drifting. I remember us."

"You don't know how bad this week has been," Jacy told him. "Knowing you couldn't remember..."

"You were the one they were all calling, weren't you?" Stiles connected the puzzle pieces, "They were trying to get you to come see me-"

"I know." Jacy had let go of Stiles and pulled out her phone, showing the stats.

Stiles took Jacy's phone, "Twenty missed calls from Scott, eleven texts from Kira, seventeen calls from Lydia." He scrolled down and rose an eyebrow. "One from Derek?"