Thirty-Two || Backyard Brawl

|| Backyard Brawl

"You know you'll have to do it, right?" Scott, Kira, Lydia and Stiles were all looking at Jacy as the group of them were sprawled out on the pathetic playground in her backyard.

"How have you not learned how to lie to your parents by now?" Jacy's feet rocked back and forth, barely swinging. "Okay, fine. We're all going to a campground in Colorado. We'll be back before school starts up monday and we're going to celebrate Stiles waking up."

"That sounds nice," Stiles said, upside down on the slide. "Can we actually do that instead?"

"We need Derek first," replied Scott. "Although I wouldn't mind getting out of this place."

"Have you got an idea where in Mexico we're going?" Kira asked, sitting on the side bar near Scott.

"Just have your passports ready. I've got everything else covered." Jacy reached into her pocket, pulling out two rectangles decorated in bright colors. "One is to personally meet with Araya Calavera and the other is to the party."

"Party?" Lydia took one card that looked like something a psychic would use.

"To get to Araya with leverage, we'll need to split up," Jacy said. "And they're heavily guarded so Scott, Kira and I will be in the party and you - Lydia and Stiles - will meet with the head of the Calavera family. If they have Derek, you'll be able to buy him."

Stiles flipped over one of the cars, "He won't be cheap."

"I've got it covered." Jacy pocketed the cards as they were given back to her, nonchalant about the whole ordeal. "We take out the guards in the party, we offer a good sum of money, get Derek and then come back to Beacon Hills."

"You make it sound easy," Kira said, wondering just how perfectly Jacy had this planned out.

"It won't be. It's actually a little stupid, but it'll work." Jacy's hands in the fingerless gloves were wrapped around the metal chains of the swing. "It's what we need to save Derek."

"What do we do now?" questioned Lydia when Jacy's pitch was done.

"Now? I lie to all your parents and we leave tomorrow morning."

"Hang on, who says that it's a good idea for you to leave town and be safe? You're a new werewolf." Kira had only known for an hour, but Jacy'd only known for five. "Don't you need-"

"Control?" Jacy had only a small smile. "I seem to break boundaries. Didn't need a full moon to make me turn and well," her eyes flickered purple in the direction of Kira and Lydia, "control came with it I guess."

Stiles had seen the violet cover of her eyes but he still wasn't used to it. He wasn't sure if he ever would be.

She was different, but she wasn't.

"Have you broken her in yet, Scott?" Kira asked, "Can she fight?"

"Should we see?" Scott lifted an eyebrow at Jacy, "Your neighbors aren't home so they wouldn't call the police, right?"

"Either way, mine and Jace's families sort of are the police," Stiles commented, shrugging lightly with a half smile. "But it's whatever."

Jacy and Scott faced off in the backyard; the three on the swingset their audience.

"I'll go easy on y-"

Jacy laughed, Scott flipped on his back on the the half frozen ground. "Cute, Scott. I thought you were an alpha."