Chapter Four: New Journey

The old man in front of her stepped forwards, causing regina to stumble backwards. "The ball isn't even halfway over. I would've thought that you would want to stay around until the end. But maybe I just disgust you so much." He drawls, lurking forwards.

The shadows cast on Regina's fiancé made him look even scarier than before. "I don't know what you're talking about." She says weakly, not even convincing herself of her statement. "It's my first ball. I was overwhelmed. Surely you can understand that."

The king let out a low laugh, reminding regina of the cloudy days where she'd sit by the window and listen to the loud thunder in the distance. Only this time the thunder was much closer, making her heart beat widely in her chest. "Don't play that game with me!" He growled, slamming his fist on the table where she kept her stationary. Regina jumped at the loud noise, resisting the urge to fix the now fallen case of paper.

She hated this. She hated appearing weak. Being weak. Regina had never stood up to anyone. Not to her mother, not to her father, not to her sister, not even to Katherine. And now was no difference. She was letting an old man who'd probably pass before she turned 30 run all over her. But that's just the way it was. She had been trained- bread- to be an obedient object for the use of others. No. Not a woman with her own options and strong wills. A sad little girl who needed the hand of a mother to guide her into a forced marriage that she didn't even have the chance to speak about. And all the anger that was built inside of her, all the fear, turned to tears.

It didn't phase Leo.

"Stop your crying and shut up before someone hears us." He orders, slowly moving in her direction. Regina, as usual, obeyed the command. "You see, Princess," he spat, "with this marriage, I'll become rich. Filthy rich. My own kingdom is terribly small and poor compared to yours. But you, you my little arrhabonem, will change that. When we marry, I will inherit this realms most wealthy kingdom. All I will need to do after that is to get rid of the dead weight. And that won't be hard, my dear. You're so replaceable. Your family won't even know you're dead. I promise."

Regina didn't even get to register his words before a strong arm synched itself around her waist. A forceful hand placed a white cloth over her mouth. Regina kicked and screamed as she breathed in, soon falling limp from the chemical mix.

The world around her tossed and turned as if she were in a small fishing boat in the middle of the sea. Colors faded as things moved and shifted until finally, everything was completely black.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! Next one will be good and juicy I PROMISE! We finally get to have some characters colliding if you know what I mean😉 I hope you liked it and I can't wait to update!