Chapter Thirty-Five: Found Out

Sharp, little, green blades of grass flattened under the leather boots that wrapped themselves around Regina's feet as she walked down the hill and into the surrounding forest. Her heart beat rang like the beat of a drum, a battle cry of war reverberating off of Regina's ribcage. She needed a plan to defeat her mother but knew it would take summoning a certain man to obtain such an idea. Such an outline.

"Rumplestilskin? Rumplestilskin! Rump-" the name wasn't out of her mouth three times before the scaly man Regina had encountered before appeared at her side under the safety of the trees.

The young girl within Regina flinched, but the queen stayed put, only allowing a quick glance in the Dark One's general direction. "Well look at you, dearie." He giggled, hopping to the side as he studied his young pupil. "I sense a new... Motivation has found its way into your heart."

"I need a plan." Regina snapped, crossing her arms. Power surged from within her and she managed to stifle a gasp as she pushed the darkness back.

"What was that?" Rumple asked, pointing at Regina. His large eyes flickered with curiosity as he slithered closer to his pupil.

"What was what?" A weak laugh bubbled up to Regina's lips as she waved the crocodile back.

"You felt that." One green finger jabbed into Regina's pale chest, holding its firm position before folding into a fist. "Inside of you. About there." The fist moved to the center of Regina's belly, a sly smile on Rumple's face.

"And so what if I did?" Regina barked, pushing away. "This is besides the point. I didn't summon you for a therapy session."

"That was an amplification, dearie. It might be in your best interest to listen to your instructor." Rumple cooed, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't have all day."

"Oh don't worry, I'll only keep you for a moment." Chills rose on Regina's arms as Rumplestlilskin drew close. "That, in there, was something I've never experience before. Not for a long time, anyway." It seemed as if silence had swept over the entire forest. Even the leaves on the trees had stopped rustling so that the message about to be delivered could be heard. "I'm an... Amplifier of sorts. Every dark one was." Rumple explained, waving his hand. "An amplifier for dark magic. Sure, I've felt things with certain people before. But never has a student of mine felt the same thing."

Crossing her arms, Regina let out a sigh of frustration. She needed to figure out a way to rid the kingdom of her mother, and Regina had figured that it would include magic. But she didn't want to waste anymore time standing in the middle of a forest if Rumplestlilskin wasn't going to offer her help. "Listen-"

Rumple held out a hand, silencing Regina as he continued to speak. "You've got potential, dearie. Dark magic is within you." Lowering his claw-like hand, he tossed his hair to the side with a devilish grin. "Your power is more like mine than it is like your mother's. You're special, but something is tying you down. And I'd like to help."

"Why?" Regina snapped. She had began to realize that calling for the Dark One's help was a mistake.

"I have my reasons." A cool breeze ruffled the trees above their heads. "Now, first things first," The Dark One crossed Regina's path as he tugged at her wardrobe. "I sense a spec of good left in you. How is that?"

"You don't sense that." Regina snapped, trying hard to refrain from thinking about her time with Robin in his camp. The idea of what she wanted her life to be like. The idea of a family and happiness: something so different from the life she led now.