Chapter Twenty-Three: Holding On

He stood with his back turned to her, speaking to another man. He laughed, making her heart flutter a bit. It was bright. Almost too bright. Regina made her way up to the man, opening her mouth to say something. But before she could speak, a searing pain ripped through her ribs.

Jolting awake, Regina gasped in pain, writhing in her sheets. A cold cloth dabbed gently around her side but Regina stopped the hand, grabbing a wrist.

"Regina." Her fathers voice was gruff yet soft as she slowly turned her head. Tears welled in her eyes as his soft hand clasped hers.

"Daddy?" She croaked, shifting in her bed. Her father smiled as he stroked her hair away. "Daddy, what happened?" Regina's voice wasn't even a whisper but her father leaned in and kissed the top of her head.

"You've seemed to have gotten an injury there, little apple." His nickname for her planted a smile on the grown woman's face. But it quickly slipped away as she began to think.

"Where is he?" She inquired, struggling to sit up. Sucking in a sharp breath, Regina fell back against the pillows. "Daddy is he safe?"

Henry stroked her hair, adjusting the covers around Regina. His face was grave and solemn, his eyes averting hers.

But before he could say anything, the door to Regina's bed chambers flew open and in walked both her mother and fiancé. Cora stood at the edge of the bed, arms crossed, as Leo lurked closer to the door. Both seemed very unhappy as Henry stood in protest.

"Cora, do you think this is a good idea? We shouldn't overwhelm her. The poor girl just woke and is in terrible pain. Maybe we should fetch-"

"Oh please," Cora sneered, shocking Regina. She had never seen her mother and father speak like this. With such disrespect towards each other. "She my daughter and I'll do as I please, Henry." Smiling, Cora turned to face her daughter.

Regina's stomach churned in fear as she saw the glimmer of wickedness flash in her mothers dark eyes. "How're you feeling darling?" She cooed, tilting her head. "Much better I presume."

"Where's Zelena?" Regina asked, becoming frustrated. Nobody had answered her questions so far and she knew she could count on her sister. She needed to find Robin and Roland. To get back to them.

Leo rolled his eyes, propping himself on the door. "Oh hush, she's long gone." He mumbled, rolling his eyes. "Left a few days ago."

The sound of her sister's hushed voice flooded back to Regina.

"Regina I need you to wake up. You can't listen to him. Can't let him manipulate you. He's a monster."

"I wasn't asking you." Regina snapped, shifting in her bed. Cora stiffened, glaring at her daughter.

"That's no way to speak to your fiancé, darling." She growled. Henry tensed, his hand on the bed. "Listen here, child. You will get better and you will fulfill your duties alright? No more wandering out in the fields whip the guard is practicing."

While the guard is practicing? Regina shook her head, brow furrowed. She hadn't been out in the field at all. She hadn't even been on castle grounds in almost a year.

"Any questions? Cora demanded, expecting Regina to stay silent and obey.

But it had been a long time since Regina last subdued to anyone. It had been a long time since Regina had played the role of an obedient princess.

"What did you do to him?" She demanded, crossing her arms. "Where's Robin?"

A bewildered look crossed her mothers face as Leopold reached for the door.

"Whom might you be speaking of, darling?"

Regina was fed up, sick and tired of being treated like a child. lol she was inferior.

"The man who was with me! His son! His men!" She's shouted. "The man who kept me safe and who actually cared about me! What did you do with him?"

Cora frowned, her face dark and cruel. "I have no idea whom you are referring to. You were hit with an arrow during target practice last week and have been in recovery ever since. I do not like your attitude, young lady. I expect you to sharpen up before do see you next."

In shock, Regina's mouth hung open. No Robin? Surely he did exist. It hadn't all been a dream. She knew her memories were foggy but she was sure of his existence. Of the man she had seen in her dreams.

"Henry." Her mother snapped. "Leave her be. I'll order Katherine to administer new medication before dinner."

Her father bent down and kissed Regina's head before exiting after his wife, leaving Regina alone in her chambers to be consumed by the only question worth asking.

Was Robin real, or a figment of her hallucinations?

Hey guys! So this is the last chapter for this book part! Part 2 will be out in 2 weeks!! I will take a one week break to organize and start writing but will be back in THIS BOOK! Thanks for all your support!!!