Chapter Sixteen: Fresh Look

"So you know?" Regina whispered, looking down at her lap. The silence that followed her question was enough to tell her the answer. "How long?" She sounded small and weak. Hurt.

"The poster. Robin left it." Will answered honestly, kneeling down in front of Regina.

The tavern was empty, had been for several hours, and only a few candles were lit. Regina sat wrapped in a blanket, still shivering from the cold.

"Oh." Regina mumbled, chewing hard on her lip. So he'd wanted everyone to know. He wanted it to be well known.

"Lift your feet." Will instructed, pushing the pot of warm water closer. He gently grabbed her ankles, dipping them in. "Too warm?" Regina shook her head, brushing a strand of damp hair out of her way.

"Why are you being so kind? You know, you're actions don't have to change based on who I am." Regina advised, watching as Will stood and took a seat across from her.

"I know." He nodded, titling his head as he looked her over. "If you don't mind me saying, your majesty, I honestly don't care. Not that you aren't a danger to us all now, but I'm not afraid." He frowned before continuing to speak. "So you don't want to go back?"

Regina shook her head slightly, drawing the wanted poster closer to her. "No. Not really." The pad of her index finger outlined the black bolded Wordsworth she sighed.

"Well... We won't turn you in." Will stated, making her look up in shock. "We don't need the money. It's just a matter of if people will recognize you." Will sighed, looking around the room. "So where are you planning on going?"

As Regina pondered upon the answer she would give, Will fixed the blanket that rested on her shoulders. Where would she go? If the Merry Men wouldn't take her, how would she stay away from Leo's men and stay safe?

"I... I don't know." She whispered, looking down. "I hadn't thought of that." The wind outside howled as the snow turned to hail.

"How about this." Will offered, leaning back in his chair. "How about tomorrow morning we get up and we get you a new outfit. Something to help you blend in a bit more. We let Robin cool off, and we make a plan, okay?"

"New outfit?" Regina scoffed, shaking her head.

Will looked over her with a disproving gaze. "Regina. You've got to be willing to cooperate. If not, you won't get anywhere worth going." He warned, running a hand through his hair. "Listen to me. As a friend, a companion, you've got to... Blend. Robin won't want to be near you if you pull out the 'her majesty' act."

"What act?" Regina asked, hurt by his words. "I'm not putting on an act."

"Well whatever it is. You can't see yourself as better." Will urged, taking her hands in his. "You were raised in a different place. A place where children were put to the test, just like we were here. But it was a different test. Yours was one of knowledgeable grace while ours was purely survival. You can't act like your better. We're equal."

"I know that." Regina assured, shifting uneasily in her chair.

"Well then don't be so superior. You can't expect to have a relationship with someone if you think you're better. Or more educated. Or whatever you may think. Alright?" Silence filled the air as Will watched her think, watched her ponder.

Regina sighed, nodding her head. "Do you think he's still mad?" She asked shyly, glancing up to meet Will's gaze.

"I think he's flustered and shocked. Upset you didn't tell him." Will managed, blowing out one candle. "He's a good man with a good mora code. Trust me when I say he won't leave you behind. We've all had our fair share of messing up. This was just your time."

Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter is so short. It's just that I've kind of lost motivation. Of course I'm still gonna finish my story bc I'm excited for it to be told... I just don't have the motivation to do so. I'm not sure why... If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to see them! Thanks so much!