thirteen

tyler sat upon a park bench about a block away from the little pet store where he had told josh that he would meet him, his head resting in his hands. the boy tugged at his hair mindlessly, trying to distract himself.

"i can't do it." he whispered to himself, feeling his eyes begin to fill with tears.

you can't just back down now...

tyler reached into his pocket, pulling his phone out and unlocking it with his new password which just so happened to be 'dogbreath'.

silently, he began scrolling though their messages, reminding him of how happy josh actually made him.

"i'm going to do it." tyler announced to himself, standing up, locking and shoving his phone back into place.

"i can do it." he reassured himself, the smallest smile creeping onto his face.

and so tyler began his five minute walk towards the pet store. once arrived, he spent approximately another seven minutes just pacing around outside the front of the store, building up some courage.

finally, tyler opened the door and walked inside. he started to wander around the store slowly, until his eyes landed on a familiar mop of red hair.

josh.

his back was turned to tyler, organizing a few things on some shelves. so, tyler walked over to josh, basically shaking now.

---

this was originally supposed to be like 130 words but it's 200+ yay.

i was kinda temped to just end it here but then i was like nah so i just wrote more.

this chapter was so weird omg it wasn't texting so yeah lmao

thanks for reading tho, ily.

- angel