fifty eight

tyler arrived at brendon's house around noon the next day. josh was already at work and fully unaware. tyler made sure josh didn't suspect anything, he didn't want him to worry or anything.

as of now, tyler was sitting next to brendon on the couch. his laptop was opened and he was currently filling out various applications. with the help of brendon and of course.

"i was never told there was going to be this many questions. i barely even know my social security number, what is this?" tyler complained although he still kept typing away.

"i really didn't think there would be either." brendon agreed, shaking his head.

"i don't even know what what i want to do with my life, let alone major in." tyler said, defeated. he didn't know what to do as of now.

"you can change it once you're in college you know?" brendon assured him, but tyler just shrugged. "why don't you just sign up for the common classes right now. you know the ones everyone is required to take? and then sign up for more once you figure it out."

tyler smiled a bit. brendon was pretty good with advice and that's why he trusted him to help him with this. "thanks. i'll do that." he said, letting out a small sigh of relief.

around two hours went by after that. and tyler still wasn't done. but it was around this time both of the boys were getting hungry. so they decided to take a break and walk down to the pizza place a few blocks down. while they were there, a whole pizza was split between the two of them. brendon took some time to call ryan and see when he was coming home. meanwhile, tyler called josh.

after everything was all said and done, they walked back to the apartment. ryan had said that he was on his way home, brendon probably wouldn't be very useful once he got home. he'd probably get a bit distracted from tyler. so tyler decided to make the best of it before ryan got home.

"how many more?" brendon questioned. tyler could tell he was done with this whole process. so was he.

"only two more." tyler told brendon, trying to reassure him that he was almost done.

ryan walked in the door as tyler was finishing up his last application. "where've you been all day?" tyler questioned teasingly.

"family stuff." ryan said vaguely. tyler gave him a sort of look as if he was saying 'continue.' "my aunt is in the hospital. i don't even like her that much. i don't even want to visit her. but i'm an angel, so i'll continue." he just shrugged.

"that makes sense. except you're far from an angel." tyler giggled a bit. although, his eyes didn't leave the screen.

"which one are you on?" ryan asked.

"last one." tyler answered simply.

"what school?" he continued to ask.

"new york state university." tyler said as i'd it was nothing.

"excuse me?" brendon said. tyler just made a 'hmm' noise. "that's like 4 states away or something. a whole day to get there, you know that right?" tyler nodded. "then why are you applying? how do you expect to see me or josh or your family? most importantly me?"

"bren, it's not that serious. i doubt i'll get accepted. i'm only really applying because my mom went here and she wanted me to. even if i did get accepted, you'd always have ryan."

"damn right he will." ryan mumbled under his breath.

"i guess. you have a lot of other options. you're not even going to go there anyways." brendon was just a little taken aback by the thought of losing his best friend.

"exactly." tyler smiled, still typing away.

a few minutes later, tyler finished. he put his laptop away and then joined them once again. it was an hour of so after that when he finally decided to leave.

tyler drove himself home, sending josh a few messages that he would be home soon. he received no replies. but that made sense. he was with his family so he was probably just busy.

tyler walked inside, out his laptop away, and awaited josh. he knew he wouldn't be home for a few more hours. so he decided to do some binge watching with sushi. and it was going pretty well. although he still hasn't heard back from josh.

-—-

ok so like i'm rlly sorry for not updating in a while !  i don't rlly want to talk about what happened but i'm fine don't worry!!

also thank you sm for 110k !! i really don't deserve that. it makes me very happy though.

ily guys sm and thank you all for reading !!

- angel ♡