seventeen

tyler woke up the next morning around the same time he always did, but in a different place than usual. he was in bed with josh? at first, this really confused him. how did he get to bed? when did he get to bed? but as he thought more and more about it all, he grew more content with the situation.

he slept the entire night at a cute boy's house and don't wake up at all, that's an achievement.

glancing over at the sleeping boy next to him once again, a small smile spread across tyler's face. he didn't feel uncomfortable like he thought he would've, he felt extremely happy.

so, tyler just laid there, all bunched up in blankets, facing josh, with a wide smile across his face. soon, about ten minutes or so later, tyler began running his fingers through josh's hair, messing around with it and such. which led to josh waking up after a few minutes, but he too was very happy. who wouldn't be happy to wake up next to an adorable boy in their bed?

the feeling was extremely platonic and neither of the boys wanted it any other way.

"good morning, baby boy." josh finally said, being the first one of the two to actually speak.

"morning," tyler said in response, sitting up and stretching out. he yawned a bit and then stood up. tyler reached over to the bed and grabbed his phone which must had fallen out of his pocket while he slept, and then unlocked it, looking a bit terrified. "i'll be right back."

josh simply nodded, not wanting to ask tyler what was going on just yet, he felt like it wasn't his place, so he just laid while he waited for tyler.

meanwhile, tyler had about twelve missed calls from his mom, and four from his dad. maybe he should've actually told someone where he was going... oh well.

he called back and tried to explain to his overprotective parents that all he did was go on a date and spent the night, which his mom didn't not like the sound of. she didn't want her baby tyler to have a boyfriend already. tyler reassured his parents though, promising that he would be home in an hour at the most.

tyler walked back into josh's room, sitting back down on his bed cross legged. josh sat up and say cross legged as well, looking at tyler expectantly.

"hey, you wanna give me a ride home in like," he unlocked his phone and looked at the time. "forty five minutes?"

"not really, i'd rather you be here longer, but i can." josh replied, shrugging as he watched tyler's movements.

"so you never kissed me like you said you would." tyler blurted out, not exactly realizing what he had said.

josh thought it was absolutely adorable how tyler's cheeks turned a soft pink color after he realized what came out of his mouth. basically the cutest thing he's ever seen. "was that an invitation?" josh asked, grinning ever so slightly.

"maybe." tyler said, smiling as he fumbled around with his fingers and looked down at his lap. he didn't mean to act all shy, it just happened.

"well i'm taking it as one." josh said with a burst of confidence, scooting a bit forward. he leaned in and gently placed his lips upon tyler's, wrapping his arms around him.

tyler was pretty surprised but after a few seconds, he started to move his lips with josh's. he also moved forward so he was kind of sitting in josh's lap, but not really. it just made everything more comfortable.

josh was tyler's first real boyfriend, not one from like sixth grade, so he wasn't the most experienced kisser ever, but hey, he was trying.

after a few more minutes of some pretty decent kissing, at least tyler thought it was (but he was never going to actually say that), they both ate a cold taco from last night and left.

eventually, they arrived at tyler's house, which only took about ten minutes. they shared another small kiss in the driveway before tyler actually got out of the car and went inside of his house.

once inside, he was bombarded with questions of the guy he went on a date with, and he really didn't mind answering them. he loved talking about josh.

meanwhile, josh was on his way home, thinking about the night before and how much he wanted to be able to call tyler his boyfriend.

---

750+ words? wow i'm proud of myself tbh. and sorry for the lame kissing thing, i haven't wrote like an actual kissing scene in forever.

also, sorry updates are really weird. i've had to time lately to write chapters. i've been trying to update every other day or so. but hey, before i was updating every single day, so meh.           ¯\_()_/¯ sorry.

thanks for reading though, ily.

- angel