fifty one

sweats ily !!

-—-

"josh." tyler interrupted.

"baby boy, i'm-" josh started and was interrupted again.

"i'm just, i'm not ready for this. i'm not ready for this level of commitment. we... we haven't even been dating for a year. i'm sorry i can't." tyler stammered in between his tears. he just couldn't take this. he wasn't ready.

josh sighed and stood up, shaking his head sadly. he walked over to tyler and gently picked him up, holding the crying boy. josh sat back down on the couch and held tyler in his lap, against his chest.

"tyler?" josh tried to gain his attention.

"i'm sorry." tyler sobbed.

"baby boy, i wasn't proposing." josh said quietly as he rubbed tyler's back soothingly. he felt terrible for making tyler cry like that. it absolutely broke his heart.

"but then- why where you- what?" tyler stumbled out, wiping his eyes with the backs of his hands. now he was just confused, and kind of embarrassed. did he over react?

even though josh wasn't proposing, he wasn't really expecting this type of reaction. he felt bad. sort of, heart broken? did this mean that tyler wouldn't want to be his in the future?

"it's a promise ring, baby boy. i wanted you to know that i promise to be here for you. i'm here to stay." josh sighed. "i don't know if you still even want to accept it, but i just wanted you to know. i really do love you. i've never necessarily felt this way about anyone else. you're special. i know we haven't been dating that long, not even a year, but, you mean a lot to me and i needed some way to show it to you."

tyler was shocked, unable to form any words at the moment. he just started at josh, then the ring box in his hand, then back at josh. tyler sniffled and wrapped his arms around josh.

"i'm sorry." he whispered.

"there's nothing to be sorry about, ty. it was too early. i'm sorry." josh spoke dismally, a bit embarrassed and also pretty disappointed in himself. how did he not know something like this would have happened?

the boys just sat there. tyler was tranquil, but josh was the complete opposite. he held tyler in his lap still, and seemed as if he was completely calm. on the inside though, it was a completely different story. he was losing it. he couldn't show it though. he didn't want to do that in front of tyler right now.

"i accept it." tyler mumbled, his fingers running through josh's hair as he spoke.

and now josh felt tranquil. he felt reassured.

with no hesitation, josh pulled tyler's hand up to his lips, and kissed the back of it. he placed it down gently and opened the ring box once again. josh slipped the ring on tyler's ring finger. it fit perfectly.

"i love you." josh sighed contently as he spoke. he was extremely relieved now.

"i love you too." tyler spoke quietly, sitting up so he was now facing josh. he leaned in gradually and pressed his lips against josh's, keeping them still for a minute before slowly moving them against josh's. josh wasn't very hesitant, he started moving his in sync with tyler nearly a second afterwards.

they made out for a little while longer, not that either of them was complaining, until tyler suddenly pulled away.

"you know you didn't have to do any of this, right?" he asked.

"of course i didn't have to. but i wanted to. you deserve it." josh said, a smile spreading over his face as he spoke. which ultimately made tyler smile too. he felt special.

"you're amazing, you know that right?" tyler giggled as he spoke, being absolutely sincere.

"not really. but i'm glad you think i am." josh said, shaking his head a bit.

"you are though." tyler urged him.

"okay, maybe. but i could say the same thing about you." josh said, his cheeks turning pink as he spoke. tyler thought he was amazing, and it made him feel meaningful knowing that he did.

tyler took notice of the blush but didn't mention it, it was his turn to blush. and he did, his face turned red. it only made josh 'aww' though.

"i'm tired." tyler said quietly after a little bit, looking over at josh who nodded in agreement.

tyler stood up off of josh's lap and stretched a bit, yawning as he did so. josh stood up after him. they walked to their room and got changed into some more comfortable pajamas.

tyler slipped into bed first, laying right next to his new peach emoji pillow. josh got in bed behind him, wrapping his arms around tyler's waist. it was pretty comfortable.

"good night." tyler whispered, leaning back and kissing josh's cheek. "love you."

"good night, princess." he kissed the back of tyler's head and smirked. "love you too."

-—-

hey hi. wow. i hate this chapter ??

sorry lol. also sorry it's taking me forever to update.

oh yeah, let's pretend mcr is still a thing. shh.

to everyone that wants to know who sent tyler the message: you're going to find out. i have it planned out, don't worry guys.

that's about it, i think.

as always, thank you for reading, ilysm !!

- angel