twenty øne

it was the morning after their date, and tyler was freaking out. not in a bad way, a 'wow, did that really even happen?' sort of way. he couldn't really grasp the concept of him having an actual boyfriend. he didn't understand it, but he liked it.

as promised, he called brendon right after he woke up. which was about noon, but that didn't matter. tyler found his phone and then called brendon, he was always at the top of his calls and texts, so it was easy. strangely, brendon didn't answer, so tyler called again. and again. about seven times, but that doesn't matter. brendon finally answered on the seventh call, sounding kind of pissed off.

"tyler, it's like five in the morning, what is so important?" he asked, sounding obviously exhausted. brendon slept 24/7, tyler knew this, but he wasn't going to wait to call him.

"first of all, it's almost one in the afternoon." tyler started. "and second of all, josh asked me to be his boyfriend!" he said with much more enthusiasm than before, a smile spreading across his face.

"i'm coming over." brendon said immediately.

"you don't have to th-" tyler started, but just stopped when he heard the phone being hung up.

"i don't know what his obsession is with my house, but it's weird." tyler muttered and laid back down on his bed.

---

brendon once again just walked into tyler's room, still in his pajamas. just like tyler, who hadn't bothered to get dressed either. brendon sat down next to tyler on his bed, turning to face him. "care to explain?"

tyler groaned and rolled his eyes. "i could've just explained it over the phone, but you had to come over."

"do you not want me to come over or something?"

"no, that's not what i'm saying-"

"mhm."

"shut up, do you want to know about the date or not?" tyler asked, which did shut brendon up.

"go on."

"well, when you were done being my overprotective third parent, he said i looked really cute," tyler started, but was interrupted.

"thanks to me." brendon said, basically congratulating himself.

"yeah, anyways. we were driving, for a little bit. like, ten, fifteen minutes or something. and then we got to the really cute little carnival. and we played games and went on rides." brendon winked at tyler. "not like that. but he won me a banana. and i won him a duck. and, we had funnel cake. do you know, he's never had it before? weird. and he won a fish, and named it spooky jim, and it's going to be at his apartment, so i'll be able to see it when i go over. also, i won a little fish thing and a duck. look." tyler finally stopped ranting and took out his banana, stuffed fish, and duck, and showed them to brendon.

"and then at the end of our date we went on the ferris wheel and cuddled and stuff. and then he asked me to be his boyfriend and we kissed and stuff." tyler said, getting all heart eye emoji over remembering everything from last night.

"oh my god, are you serious?" brendon asked, not even joking.

"yes. i have a boyfriend!" he said happily, letting out a content sigh. a goofy smile made its way onto tyler's face, blushing a tiny bit as well.

"aw, that's so cute, ty!" brendon finally said, wrapping his arms around tyler and squeezing him tightly. "i'm so proud of you."

tyler knew brendon actually meant what he was saying this time, and it made him feel great. tyler had done things he never really did before, and made his best friend proud. he loved making people proud because he didn't get to do it very often, and it felt amazing.

"let's stop being all mushy, and go do something. come on we're going to plan a date for you and josh. you're going to take him on a date this time." brendon announced, smirking a bit as he pulled away from their long hug.

tyler, just nodded, not really knowing what to say to that. he was pretty excited though.

and so they began planning for the perfect date.

---

700+ words aye not bad. sorry for no actual joshler in this chapter, but it will be in the next few chapter(s).

thanks for reading guys, ily.

- angel