seventy six

the next morning when tyler woke up, he felt... normal again. he wasn't as upset as he was last night. after having time to think to himself and just be alone, he was fine. he didn't feel kind of bad though for pretty much kicking josh out of the room.

tyler had put his blanket back, although he was still wearing josh's hoodie. he knew josh wouldn't mind though. he walked out of their room to see josh in the living room, just watching tv. he seemed generally uninterested. so, tyler walked over and sat on his lap all nonchalantly.

"i love you." tyler smiled, leaning into him.

josh was a bit shocked, but he didn't mind it. "i love you too. how are you feeling, babe?" he decided to ask.

"better than yesterday." tyler said quietly, kind of hinting that he didn't want to talk about it too much.

"that's good, baby. i'm so fucking sorry that they touched you like that. no one will ever do it again. i won't let them." josh whispered. "you're worth more than that. you are practically a masterpiece, and you're damn sure going to be treated like one. no one is ever— i swear to god—ever going to disrespect you like that again."

tyler was speechless. he didn't know how to respond. all he could do was blush at that very moment. he stared eye to eye with josh, smiling. it made tyler a bit sad, looking at josh's left eye. it was black and purple by now.

"you're so amazing, josh. you're honestly my world. it's so surreal to have someone who's willing to treat me like this. you're just, i can't even describe it. you're he best thing i could have ever asked for." tyler leaned forwards to press his lips against josh who was quick to respond as well. their kissing went on for a little while until finally tyler pulled back and leaned forward. but this time, he was looking at josh's eye.

"babe, you put ice on this, right?" tyler sighed.

"yeah, after you went to sleep." josh reassured him.

"does it hurt?" tyler asked.

"it doesn't feel nice, but it doesn't hurt. it's a little swollen still, but it's fine. just sore." josh shrugged as if it was nothing.

tyler looked down at josh's hands, specifically his knuckles. he shook his head a bit. there were cuts littered around the bruises that tyler hadn't noticed last night. tyler wasn't really once for violence, but it seemed like josh was. he didn't mind this though. he wasn't going to change who josh was.

"have you cleaned these?" tyler mumbled, holding his hand up and scanning over the cuts.

"uhm," josh said guiltily. "no, i haven't."

tyler shook his head, standing up off of josh's lap. "come on, wee gonna go clean them now. i don't want you to get infected or something."

so, josh just nodded and stood up as well. he followed tyler, who was still delicately holding his hand, to the bathroom. tyler made it seem like the cuts were the most fragile thing ever, it was pretty adorable in josh's eyes.

"sit here." tyler told josh, making him sit on the toilet while tyler weans through the medicine cabinet. he got out some rubbing alcohol, gauze, bandages, and other stuff.

tyler held josh's right hand over the sink and ran some running alcohol over it. he saw josh wince and bite his lip, so tyler leaned over to kiss his forehead. after that, tyler began to wash them with some soap. he then dried his hands and applied neosporin before wrapping them up in bandages and gauze where needed.

"thank you baby boy." josh smiled gratefully once tyler let go of his hand. he ran his fingers over the bandage and smiled. he didn't deserve someone as nice as tyler. tyler was too good to and for him.

"you don't have work today right?" tyler asked.

"not today," josh nodded.

"can we please go out some more ice on this?" tyler mumbled, still focused on his eye.

"of course. anything for you baby boy," josh nodded in agreement before they both stood and left the bathroom. they walked into the kitchen instead.

tyler grabbed a little ziploc baggie and filled it with ice, then zipped it shut. he handed it to josh who placed it over top of his eye without hesitation.

with that, the two boys walked into the living room once again. tyler was hoping they could just relax today. he knew josh had work tomorrow, so he was trying to make his black eye as unnoticeable as possible. and josh was grateful for that.

-—-

i'm so happy but hey

it got 2 books today. 'one man guy' and 'gracefully grayson' i'm so excited.

thanks for reading so much ilysm

- angel