forty five

after the short conversation between brendon and tyler, tyler sent his address and waited for his best friend to show. a little bit later, he was knocking on the door to his apartment. tyler let him inside and they caught up on most things.

tyler told brendon about moving and everything that had happened. he found out that brendon actually had gotten a boyfriend in the time they hadn't been talking. his name was ryan. brendon assured him that they'd all be going on a double date sometime soon. tyler didn't mind. he was excited to meet brendon's new boyfriend. it would be interesting. he was sure josh wouldn't mind either.

within a few hours, it was time for brendon to leave. he had to pick ryan up from work or something like that.

-—-

after hanging out with brendon, tyler had about two hours to himself still. he didn't do much in that time. he watched a christmas movie about a dog that came on. he didn't really like it, but he didn't mind it.

tyler laid on the couch, a blanket out him with a bowl of popcorn on the floor, occasionally eating it.

right before the ending, he heard the front door opening. a wide smile spread across his face, he knew exactly who it was.

"baby boy, where are you?" Josh asked as he walked inside, making tyler's cheeks turn the slightest bit pink. josh knew tyler loved when he called him baby boy.

tyler stood up and made his way over to josh, still smiling. he wrapped his arms around josh and josh did the same.

"here." he mumbled, burying his head in josh's shoulder.

"do you want to go look at pets?" josh simply asked. tyler shot up and nodded his head.

"of course. when are we leaving? can we leave soon? can we get a cat and a dog? please?" tyler rushed out, everything coming out in less than five seconds.

"ty, we'll see when we get there. you can have whatever pet you want. but only one." josh elaborated. "we should probably leave soon, it's getting kind of late."

with that, tyler darted to their bed room. he slipped on his floral vans, not even bothering to retie them like he always does. he pulled on the hoodie that was closest to him, which happened to be josh's, oh well. he knew josh wouldn't mind.

once h was done, he walked into the living room where josh was waiting for him. he really didn't take that long. maybe three minutes at the most.

"ready to go?" josh asked tyler, standing up and lacing his fingers with the other boys.

"mhm, i can't wait." tyler said, grinning.

they left their apartment and locked the door behind them. the boys took the stairs down and walked to josh's car. josh opened the door for tyler and shut it once he was inside. afterwards, he went around to the driver's side and let himself in. once they were both buckled and settled, he began driving to the shelter that was merely minutes away.

"so do you want to get a cat or a dog?" josh asked tyler, turning to look at him for a split second before his eyes returned to the road.

"i really want a kitten. they're so cute and soft and adorable. we have to get a kitten." tyler said, completely sure of himself.

"are you sure? we'd have cat hair... everywhere. and it'd never leave us alone." josh said, shrugging a bit. he really didn't mind getting a cat, he just wanted to make sure tyler really wanted it.

"aw. but i still want one." tyler nodded, smiling as he thought about it. having a kitten would be great. it would make a great addition to their little family now that jim was gone.

a few minutes later, they were pulling into a parking space next to the animal shelter. neither of the boys liked the idea of buying a cat from a breeding place. it would be much better to help a cat that actually needed a home.

josh and tyler got out and latched hands once more. they walked to the entrance, josh holding the door open for tyler. once inside, tyler's eyes widened, seeing all of the adorable little animals. it almost made him want to cry. who wouldn't want these adorable little cats and dogs?

"oh my god, josh, can we get them all?"

-—-

ew really bad chapter. i haven't updated in like three days or something and i feel bad sigh.

i feel so, i don't know, empty?? and it fucking sucks

also i just got tickets to see tøp on june 19th yay

thanks for reading, ilysm.

- angel