sixty nine

"what's up, ty?" josh stiffened a bit, sitting up slightly to look over at tyler.

"don't be concerned or anything, it's no biggie..." tyler began. "but i am kind of considering moving to new york." he said nonchalantly as if it was nothing.

"wait, what?" josh sat up completely, his eyes widening as he spoke.

"uhm, i can explain." tyler mumbled.

"please do," josh answered, looking rather alarmed.

"well, while you were at work one day, i applied to some colleges. because i figured, i can't rely on you for everything. i need to do some stuff for myself." he started. "don't take it the wrong way, please. i just didn't want to worry you about it... so i applied for a few and i got in to most of them. including yale, and harvard, but i'm most likely not going to them. i got accepted to the college my mom went to and she's really pushing for me to go there, even though it's in new york."

"so... what does this mean?" josh whispered, his face falling.

"...i don't know, josh. i want to talk it over with you first, considering this would be a really big step, i guess, in our relationship." tyler sighed. he didn't think it would be this hard to discuss.

"i mean, i'm not going to stop you from doing what you want. i want you to be happy." josh looked down at the ground. "you can definitely go out to college there if you want. but, i just don't know how this would work. us. i could visit you every now and then but you should really think about it. where would you stay? how would you pay for everything? ty, i just want you to be okay."

"i know... it would be hard. but, it would make my parents so happy to see me go there. i'm sure i could figure something out." tyler tried to reason.

"i guess." josh didn't know what to say.

"you know, you could always come with me..." tyler suggested. "before you respond, just think about it. your parents wouldn't be able to bother you anymore, and it would be like a fresh new start for us. we could have a future. you, me, and sushi all together happily. you could get a job out there. we could get an apartment, and it would all be great."

josh stayed quiet, looking lost in thought as of right now. he was thinking about it. his mind was racing a mile a minute, though and he had so many questions that couldn't be answered right now.

"i- i need to think about it for a little bit." josh said after a few minutes. "i just, i need time. this is all so sudden. i don't know if i can take it all right now."

-—-

well

since this is nearing its end, i've been thinking. i really want to start a new book but at the same time,, i want to do a sequel and i really don't know yet. im so confused tbh

but i hope you guys are liking it, thank you all, ily

- angel