seventy eight

it was almost two weeks after tyler and josh finalized everything.

the apartment was signed. they had both gotten the jobs. and tyler was ready to go to college. they even had the plane tickets to get there.

it was all settled. tyler and josh would fly to new york with everything they needed. all of their clothes and such would be with them. the rest would get shipped up eventually. tyler's parents were going to watch sushi for a few days before they brought him up. they wanted to get everything ready before sushi came. he was practically their baby.

today, tyler and josh were packing everything up in boxes and suitcases. everything in the suitcases would come with them, everything in the boxes would get shipped. simple.

josh had already told mark that he wouldn't be able to work there anymore. mark understood. yesterday had been his last day. mark and josh had been friends for a while, and this hadn't really changed it.

everything was happening so suddenly and fast. but neither of the boys minded. they were happy to be doing this with each other. it made it feel official.

"i think that's the last of it." josh said, placing a box down on the floor. he looked around at all of the boxes and such. it made him feel sort of accomplished.

"wow." was all tyler really said. he took a seat on the couch and took a deep breath. "this is actually happening."

"yeah." josh nodded. "it is."

josh sat beside tyler, taking a hold of his hand. they both smiled as they looked at each other. everything wasn't perfect, but neither of them wanted it any other way.

"i really can't believe we're doing this." tyler mumbled, looking down at their hands now. he ran his thumb across josh's knuckles. everything just seemed so surreal at this point.

"it's happening, baby boy." josh sighed happily.

by now, they were both exhausted. they had been moving all day. and their flight was tomorrow. they needed all the sleep they could get.

"wanna head to sleep, babe?" tyler said with a small yawn. "tomorrow is going to be busy."

josh nodded in agreement. "yeah. i'm tired." he said.

with that, the two boys were making there way to the bedroom. they crawled into bed together and got under the blankets. quietly, they said goodnight before they were both falling asleep. tyler was not prepared for what was going to happen tomorrow at all.

-—-

i'm sitting in the hotel room eating madhed potatoes with chips bc i'm too awkward to ask for a spoon

but hey the book is going to end soon rip

thank you for reading ily

- angel