forty three

"tyler i'm h-" and all of the sudden josh was cut off.

"your hair. it's blue." tyler mumbled, staring at his hair. it was so... different. but it was a good different. he liked it.

"mhm. you did that. i think it looks pretty cool. what do you think?" josh asked, subconsciously running a hand through his hair after putting two mcdonalds cups down on the table. the other hand held a bag of mcdonalds, which he also soon put down.

"dude, that's sick." tyler said, leaning up and running his hands through josh's hair numerous times. it was pretty soft considering they pretty much killed his hair last night.

"so sick," josh agreed. "you know what else is sick, though? this mcdonalds. we should probably eat it now. for science."

tyler just rolled his eyes, picking up one of the cups and pushing a straw through it. he reached in the bag and grabbed a hash brown, and then sat down. he sipped at his drink and took bites of the hash brown, which was soon gone. once it was gone though, it was quickly replaced with a sandwich.

josh felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, so he immediately took it out. he actually regretted doing that though.

"fuck, i have to leave. mark needs me to come in early." josh said, sighing as he stuffed the rest of his sandwich in his mouth.

"oh," tyler nodded slowly, clearly bummed that josh was leaving. "okay."

"i'll call you in an hour or something, i'll make it up to you when i get home." josh reassured, trying lighten up tyler's mood a bit. he leaned down to where tyler was sitting and gave him a small, quick kiss.

"i love you," tyler mumbled, kissing josh once again before he was on his way out the door.

"and i love you." josh clarified, blowing tyler kiss right before the door shut.

-—-

josh had kept his promise. it was a little over an hour later when josh decided to go on break and call tyler.

"josh, he's dead." was the first thing he heard tyler say. not 'hi' or 'hello', but something about someone being dead.

"who?" josh asked, not knowing what else to say in the situation.

"jim." tyler said simply. for some reason, that name sounded so familiar, yet josh couldn't remember who it was.

"who's jim again?" josh asked, raising his eyebrow even though he knew tyler wouldn't be able to see. force of habit.

"your fish." tyler sad sadly, glancing over at where jim used to be. what a shame. "dude, did you even feed him at all?"

"i mean, a few times. like three. and then i sort of forgot about him." josh answered honestly, mumbling the last part.

"jesus christ, you're a terrible parent." tyler said, half joking, half not. "well now we need a new pet." he said, actually joking about this.

"we should go get a puppy or something." josh offered, being completely serious as he spoke.

"really?" tyler asked, his mood going from joking to hopeful and serious. he's always wanted a puppy or kitten, just never been able to have one. madison was allergic to both.

"yeah, how about when i get home from work, we go to a shelter or something? it could be our six month anniversary thing. i don't know." josh rambled a bit, shrugging as he spoke. having a pet would be pretty nice. and also tyler wouldn't be as lonely while josh was at work.

"yes!" tyler said excitedly, a wide smile spreading over his face.

"i'll get some treats and stuff from work, but i have to go now. love you, baby boy." josh said, smiling as well.

"love you too, jish." tyler giggled at the way he said josh's name. it sounded funny. he ended the call and closed out the app, opening his texts instead.

tyler let out a deep breath and started writing a new message. for someone he hasn't spoken to in quite sometime.

tyguy: hey, we need to talk, this isn't going to work out.

-—-

hey hi sorry for not updating yesterday oops.

also, i posted the first chapter of my halloween fic. i'm going to update tomorrow and on halloween so idk.

hey also i love your guys' comments so much. they're awesome and they make me smile and aw yes. i feel bad for not replying to all of them, but i never know what to say so. buT I DO LOVE AND APPRECIATE THEM A LOT. THNKS.

sorry for the long a/n.

thanks for reading too, you're literally the best.

- angel