Chapter 13

// Sadie //

"So how was your break?" Dean asks awkwardly. I clear my throat and adjust my seat belt over my chest,Turning slightly in my seat. "Good. It was good." I mumble,Twiddling my thumbs. "Great." He nods.

"Yep."

I turn in my seat once again,Trying to find a comfortable position but it seems nearly impossible. Traffic is pretty heavy tonight. After getting off the plane,The superstars and divas all bought their rental cars and headed off to the hotel. Most of them should already be there but some of us were unlucky enough to get caught in the heavy traffic of London.

Me and Dean have been in this car together for about an hour now and it's been nothing but awkward between us. Neither of us have spoken about the kiss and he refuses to acknowledge the awkwardness. If he won't then I won't.

"So...Do you miss your sister?"

I can't comprehend why he's even talking to me. Why can't he just be like he normally is? Quiet,Shut off and annoyed when I try to speak to him. Why does he choose now to try to talk to me?

"Yeah,I do a lot. We were both crying like babies when I had to leave." I laugh. It's the truth. I had a really hard time saying goodbye to Aymie. I just wanted to shove her in my suitcase and bring her with me.

"I'm sure she can come back soon. Trips and Steph honestly wouldn't care if she toured with us all the time,As if she was a WWE diva." He laughs. "Really?" I raise an eyebrow. I thought they might be strict when it came to having people tour with us.

"Yeah. As long as you continue to do your job and she doesn't get in the way,Which she won't,and as long as they don't have to pay for her expenses,Which they won't because the expenses are hotel rooms and she stays with you in yours,Then they'll have no problem with her touring with us. You really don't even have to ask,Unless we're gonna have to fly somewhere then of coarse they have to make sure there's room on the plane." He explains. I hum. This is good. I'll tell her about it later. I'm sure she'd love to come back soon. She was really enjoying the long drives and the new places.

"Thanks. I'll make sure she knows." I smile.

"No problem." He says.

******

I sigh,Peeling invisible pieces of lint off of my sweat pants. Fifteen minutes from the hotel. That's all. We're just fifteen minutes away,But it feels like fifteen hours. Traffic had gotten better for a short period of time but we were immediately engulfed into more traffic shortly after it had cleared up.

I wouldn't really mind this if I wasn't trapped in this car with Dean. The awkwardness is killing me. Silence has always made me a little antsy. When we're not silent though,It's even worse. Small talk isn't made for us I guess.

I can't go on like this. I really can't. This thing between us is stressing me out. How long is this going to last? How long are we gonna be awkward around each other? How long are we going to do this? I can't let this happen every time we see each other. I don't have the strength.

"Dean..." I mutter.

He hums,Glancing at me before looking at the road again.

I gulp before shutting my eyes tightly. "We really need to talk about this." I sigh.

He clears his throat and I can hear him let out a heavy breath. "About what?"

I open my eyes and turn to look at him. I narrow my eyes at the side of his head before speaking again. "Dean,You know what. You kissed me-"

"That? That was six days ago." He laughs nervously.

"Then why are we still acting awkward?" I ask matter of factly. "Look,I don't know why we're acting so weird around each other now,But I know that I don't want to deal with this every time we see each other. It's impossible to avoid each other so,We need to fix this."