Four

I was nervous. Really nervous. I'd showered, shaved, brushed my teeth twice and changed my clothes about 4 times. I'd spent WAY too much time on my make-up and hair. And for what? To sit in a waiting room for 19 damn minutes. I'm sure he was 'busy' with another patient but it was making me crazy.

The cute boy from last time had popped his head out fifteen minutes ago only to look at me as if I wasn't there and disappear again behind the door. No smile, no 'he's running late', no apology. Fine. When I knew the receptionist was looking I made an overly dramatic gesture of looking at my watch. Still nothing.

Six minutes later the door finally opened again and the cutie called me. "Mr. Stevenson, this way please." He led me to the same room we'd been in before. I sat down on the edge of the table and just before he turned away he told me "Don't think you matter. You're nothing but a quick fuck. I'm his sub, you're just... fun. Do yourself a favor and don't come back."

I was staring at him, trying to think of some witty retort when Dr. Clemens stepped up behind him. "Jason, you will apologize right now." His tone of voice made the hair on my neck stand up.

The nurse turned a shade of pale and pink that I'd never seen. His head dipped down and I could practically hear him breathing from here. "I'm sorry Sir."

"To HIM. Apologize to Mr. Stevenson ."

He turned to me, head still down, hands clasped in front of him. "I misspoke. I had no right to treat you poorly and I apologize."

Dr. Clemens looked at me and I nodded even though I had no idea what the proper response was. "Very well. Jason, if you ever speak to another patient in that manner you will be terminated. Do you understand?"

"Yyyes Sir."

"You will be waiting in room 3 at ten minutes before the hour."

"Yes Sir, thank you Sir."

"You're dismissed."

I watched Jason maneuver around Dr. Clemens who didn't even move an arm to help give him a bit of space. As soon as he was gone, Greg stepped into the room and shut the door, then sat down at the computer terminal and signed in. I wasn't sure what to do or say so I just stayed quiet.

"I'm not upset with you, I simply need a moment to clear my head and work is the best way for me to do that. Would you like something to drink?"

"No but I could use a bathroom break, it's been a long wait."

He swiveled around and looked at me. "Traffic?"

"No, *I'm* not the one who was late, DOCTOR."

"When did you arrive?" His eyes were laser focused, I'd started to realize that they squinched up when he was thinking.

I didn't need to think very hard about that one. "Four minutes before my appointment. I remember because I considered using the restroom then but didn't want to make you wait." There was NO way I had wanted to do anything to piss him off before coming in here.

He smiled at me, looking like a cat who'd just caught a bird. "Is that so? In that case, please feel free to use the restroom. It's across the hall on the right. I assure you that I will take care of the issue and you won't wait next time. I appreciate your punctuality and thoughtfulness. You did very well Chris."

'Unlike Jason' I thought to myself. It was also the first time I could remember him using my first name. It sounded good rolling off his tongue. I wasn't sure why I was so pleased with myself, but I was. It wasn't because Jason was in trouble, that didn't sit very well with me but their relationship or whatever it was really wasn't my concern. I just felt oddly proud. I had just washed my hands and was fiddling with my hair when I realized that it was his praise. I felt this way when a teacher praised my work in school, or an artist I admired respected my work. I snapped out of my daydream and knocked gently on the door before walking back in.

He stood and locked it behind me, then pulled me towards him. We weren't touching, but we were close enough that I had to tilt my head up to see him. "Everything taken care of? Is there anything else you need?"

"I'm... I'm fine. All set. I think."

"You think?" He was grinning out of one side of his mouth. It was adorable, although I wouldn't have used that word with him.

"Well it's hard to be sure, since I don't know what's going to happen."

"A bit like packing your bags for a surprise vacation?"

"Exactly!" Yes, that was it.

"Well, Mr. Stevenson, you have to remember that I planned the vacation and since you trust me enough to run off into the wild blue yonder with me, you have to assume that I will take care of bringing anything with us that I thought you might not bring. It's my job to be prepared, not yours. Your job is to show up and enjoy yourself. Right?"

"I guess so, when you put it that way."

"I'll handle things. You don't need to worry about anything, do you understand?"