Thirty Three

"JASON" he barked angrily.  "This is not the time or the place for this and you should know better.  Any chance you had at convincing me that you were capable of handling yourself properly has been more than ruined.  Now get up" Greg demanded.  I hadn't realized until that moment that even when it sounded as if he were being strict with me, he wasn't.   His voice had dropped almost an entire register and gave me goosebumps.  "You don't get it and this proves that you never will.  Get out of my sight.  I'm done with you."

I cringed but I had to see, I had to know if Jason would listen.  He did although I could tell it was begrudgingly.  I watched him raise up onto his feet and then take a step backwards.  "But why HIM Sir?  How could you replace me with that?  He's not even--"

He shut up then because it seemed like the entire room had.  Greg was on his feet and had closed the distance between them.  I was glad that I couldn't see Greg's face.

Kevin reached over and put his hand on my shoulder and I looked up.  "Be still and quiet" he said so softly that I read his lips more than heard his voice.  I nodded, glad that he had thought of me even though I had no intention of saying or doing anything.

"You will not say another word Jason" he spat and it was obvious that he was using every ounce of restraint he had.  Security came up then and spoke quickly to Greg, then led Jason away.  Greg sat back down and signaled for another drink but didn't look at or speak to me.

I looked to Kevin for reassurance or some hint as to what was going on.  Ollie's head was still in his lap and I didn't think he had even looked over during the entire exchange.  Kevin just smiled at me warmly and I took that as a sign that what I was doing was fine.

"Pet?" Greg said, a command even though it was phrased as a question.  "Come sit in my lap."  I stood and he turned me around and then pulled me down.  I'd been wanting to get a feel of the hip-hugging leather pants he wore all evening but this wasn't exactly what I had envisioned.  "He is a jealous, angry boy.  Don't let him ruin your evening."  I think he was talking as much to himself as he was to me but I did my best to listen anyway. 

I had an urge to comfort him somehow.  In a normal relationship I would have kissed him or nuzzled up or made a dirty remark but I didn't have any of those tools in my arsenal.  I hated feeling so useless.

"What is it Pet?"

I didn't want to answer him; his peace-of-mind seemed a bit fragile.  "I don't want to upset you.  I was just thinking that I wished I could comfort you somehow or do something to help.  That's all."

"You are.  You're on my lap exactly where I want you to be.  You're behaving yourself extraordinarily well.  I was actually a bit concerned at first when he came up to us because let's face it, that mouth of yours is certainly more than capable of getting you into trouble but you handled yourself properly and I didn't have to worry about you.  You proved him wrong just by doing what was right.  You did help, Chris."  He pulled me a bit closer and I relished it.  "Now let's forget about him.  Kevin and Ollie will be going to get ready soon and I want to take you over to the dance stage.  They usually have some of the boys do shows and you might enjoy seeing one."

I looked up at him with my eyebrows raised, questioning. 

"They just lip-sync and dance, Pet.  You're not opposed to seeing cute boys dancing are you?  K and O will put on the sort of show you're thinking about, but not quite yet.  Slip back down to your seat and finish up your drink."  I did as he asked and he lifted his shirt over his head.  I was plenty warm so I wasn't surprised he was too but I wished he had taken it off before I had gotten down.   Oh well, at least I could admire him.  He replaced his armband although the white now almost disappeared against his pale skin.  He was beautiful and all mine, at least for the evening.

A few minutes later I was following him deeper into the club.  It felt good to be back on my feet.  The music was getting louder and it was much more crowded and only getting more so the closer we got to the dance floor.  I fixed my eyes on the back of his chest and stayed as close as I could.  His height was an advantage here and he easily maneuvered his way through the crowd.  I almost got separated once and reached out for his belt loop.  He turned quickly with an indecisive look on his face, then simply shook his head no.  I released him and he linked his finger through the ring on my chest and pulled me along with him.  All of a sudden all the leashes in use around me actually made a little bit of sense.  There was no chance I would lose him now. When he stopped he guided me in front of him and I stood against his chest.

"Can you see?" he asked, his breath teasing my ear.  "I wouldn't want you to miss something."

"Yes, thank you."