Twenty two

"Do you have any friends?" I asked, then immediately realized how that sounded. "I--"

"Shhh. First, you are REALLY lucky I'm still in a come coma. Second, yes I do. One good one, even. Believe it or not, there are some people who don't mind spending time with me."

"I didn't mean that the way it sounded Sir."

"I certainly hope not. You need to think before you speak. It will keep you out of trouble both in this room and the real world. Why did you ask?"

"It's just that I was thinking about Jeremiah and Kristin's reactions to our relationship and how they are super unhelpful, really and I was imagining you and a bunch of other doms sitting around some table and discussing punishment techniques and talking about your subs. My brain just... sorry."

He got up then. "I'm going to get cleaned up Pet. I'll just be a minute and will meet you in the living room. The bathroom is all yours." He headed towards the other door which I had never seen him use.

"Where does that go? Sir? I mean, can I ask that?"

"It's my bedroom. Meet me in the living room."

"Yes Sir." I wanted SO badly to peek when he opened the door but the view was blocked by the armoire. I have no doubt that he'd done it on purpose. I willed my legs to work and finally managed to make myself presentable.

"Do you like hummus?" he asked as I walked down the hallway.

"I do, yes. Especially if it involves something crunchy."

"Crackers it is. I got some gluten free ones for you--I hope they don't taste like drywall."

I spotted the bag he pulled out of the cabinet. "Those are really good, actually."

"Chris?" He sat down on the couch and waited until I had sat down. "Are you okay? With earlier? You needed to safeword and I want to make sure you're okay with everything that happened before and afterwards."

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry--"

"Don't be. Don't apologize for taking care of yourself Pet."

"Alright. I'm fine. Do you want me to go or?"

"That's not why I asked. Have a bite to eat." He dipped a cracker in and popped the whole thing in his mouth. "Not bad. I've given some thought to your 'friends' comment." He must have noticed the look on my face. "Relax, I'm not upset. I had never given any thought to the fact that you don't know anyone else in the lifestyle. You don't have any other subs to talk to about things and that can't be easy. Do you want me to introduce you to some people?"

Did I? I really wasn't so sure about that. First, meeting new people was hard. Second, did I really have that much in common with them? I had a mental image in my head and well, it wasn't all that positive really. I needed to spend some time sorting that out. "I don't know."

"Give it some thought and let me know. I'll try to help if I can."

It was sweet of him to offer. That didn't seem like an easy conversation to have on his end either, especially with how secretive everything seemed.

"There's smoke coming out of your ears" he joked. "Want me to handle it?"

"It just seems like it would be awkward Sir. I'm not really.... and I wouldn't know them and... I don't know."

"I wasn't going to throw you into a wrestling ring with a couple of them and see what happens. We only do that for charity and it's not until August."

I blinked about 6 times. Then some more.

"You do amuse me."

I still wasn't sure if he was kidding. I decided that he probably wasn't, at least not completely. "Sir?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks for this, for tonight. The time."

"You're very welcome." He smiled and seemed very sincere and that odd place in my chest swelled.

"I should go. I have an early morning." I reached up and touched the place where he had marked me. It was still tender and I had no doubt I'd have a lovely bruise tomorrow if I didn't have one already.

"A little something to remember me by."

"As if I could forget you." I stood and placed my dishes on the counter.

He walked over to the door while I slipped my shoes on. "You're feeling okay? Are you alright to drive?"

"Yes, thanks."

"You can contact me later if you need anything. This time I'd like you to contact me the next time you'd like to see me."

"I can do that, if you're sure."

"I am."

" Good-bye Sir."