Forty Seven

*** Well, my lovelies, the book is almost over. Prepare yourselves ;) A few more chapters depending on exactly how it goes, so it'll probably be finished this weekend. Once I get this close to the end I tend to want to finish things. I'm still sick though, so that may slow things down. I may at this point write the entire ending and then post it once I'm finished to make sure everything 'comes' together the way I want it too. We shall see.

I want to personally thank you all for not making fun of my typos because I have made a LOT. I'm fixing them as I catch them but well, I'm not quite 100% here :)

"Chris?"

"Yes Sir?"

"I need to know that I can depend on you, that you'll give me a chance. Was tonight what you needed? I tried really damn hard to be good to you." It was the closest thing to 'sweet' he'd ever been with me and I didn't want to not acknowledge it or even worse, forget it.

"Tonight was amazing Sir. I hope you enjoyed your birthday as much as I did. I should get cleaned up though and head home, unless you want me to sleep in the play room and make you breakfast. I'm worried about you, with Eli gone."

"Worried about me? Why?"

"Because I know you're hurting."

"I'm not hurting, Chris, but I don't know how I'm going to replace him."

"I can't imagine." I felt gross and he probably did too but he was talking and I didn't want to get up and ruin it.

"It took months to hammer out the rules, the expectations, the schedule. It works for me and finding someone else who can fill his spot will be hard. I enjoyed our sessions and thought he did too until recently. If his damn mother hadn't died and he hadn't left last week I could have worked him over enough to satisfy him, I know it. I had it all planned and she had to ruin it."

"What? That's sort of cold, isn't it Sir? I know you miss him but blaming his dead mother is harsh. I should get cleaned up. Excuse me please." I climbed off of him and grabbed my clothes as I made my way towards the half bath. I wondered if Greg had at least sent the poor boy flowers, or anything. They'd been together five years and all he was worried about was having to retrain someone? I didn't understand him ever but especially not right now. He'd said he missed him but that he wasn't hurting? Did he just miss the weekly sessions and not him? It was too much to think about after the evening we'd just had. If he cared for me at all then he must care for Eli a great deal. When I came out he was standing in the door of the den wearing just the low-slung shorts from earlier. "Sir?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. You're grieving, or whatever words you'd like to use to describe it and however you need to do that is fine. I didn't mean to judge."

He didn't answer, just walked into the room so I went to the door to watch. He was opening drawers and it was the most objective view I'd ever had of the space. I'd seen it briefly before our first session but it looked different now that I knew more. He pulled the large metal trashcan from the corner and took off the lid and then started throwing toys and things into it.

"Sir? What's the trashcan for? I mean, why is it always here? You never use it, you use the small one by the dresser."

"It's Eli's punishment can. Was."

"Sir? Punishment can?"

"Yes. An hour or two inside usually clears his head although sometimes it takes overnight."

"Oh." I shouldn't have asked. I needed to keep my mouth shut. A long whip came from behind the door of the armoire where it had been hanging. Greg ran it through his fingers before putting it into the can.

"It was his favorite so I can't use it with anyone else. That's a shame because it was weighted so beautifully and left the most perfect welts. I wonder if they're still being made." So he hadn't been kidding that first day when he said he'd put them away.

Things went into the can that I didn't even know the names of. Five years of his life was being thrown away and it was heartbreaking, at least to me. "I'm sorry."

"I'm going to miss that restaurant. Very good food. Well you know, you've been."

"Yes, it's very good. We could eat there sometime if you'd like."

"NO! Sorry, no. I won't go back. It was Eli's."

"Okay. I understand. It's late and I should probably go."

"When can I see you again Pet?" He slid down the wall and sat on the floor and looked small for the first time I could recall. He sat there just a moment before reaching over and pulling a large box out from underneath the bed.

"Are you alright Sir?"

"I'm fine, just tired. When, Pet?"

"When do you want me? Tomorrow or--?"

"Yes. But not late, I have to go to the club and ask around, see who I can find to try out. Perhaps James knows someone who may be a good fit. I'll ask."

"Does noon work for you?"

"Yes. I'll see you then. Oh Chris?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Naked, kneeling, lubed and plugged. We're going harder tomorrow; cancel if you need to. If you show up, I'll assume you're ready to play. It won't be anything you can't handle."

I swallowed and nodded. "Good night Sir. Call me if you need anything."

"I'm fine. Goodnight Pet."