Thirty

I was out of my mind, truly. I felt him pull out but had trouble putting my feet down. I ended up practically thrown over his shoulder as he lifted me up off the hook and then I was on the bed, a soft blanket being laid over me which I gratefully snuggled into.

"I'll be right back. Two minutes. Rest." He sounded a bit breathless and tired and it tickled me.

His words sort of floated in the air around me, I wasn't even sure if they were English. I imagined myself in a cartoon, his words in a though bubble above our heads. What was he doing? "Sir?" I half-croaked, suddenly a bit worried.

"I'm right here, one more second." He helped me sit up and when I reclined again I was leaning back against his chest. He held a water bottle to my lips and I drank half of it down in one fell swoop. "Good boy."

"Need shower. Gross."

"Give yourself another minute. Want me to clean you up a bit?"

I turned my head. "No. Grosser." I amused myself and started chuckling. "Grocer. Like a man who gives you food? Get it. God I'm... what the fuck is me right now?"

"You're so amusing when you're high. I can't wait to really get you into subspace although I don't think you're far now. If this is a glimpse it's going to be fun. Not as fun as getting you there, but close."

"Space." I said, not quite pulling off the 'turning it into a question' inflection in my voice. "The final frontier?"

"Where no Chris has gone before. Do you feel as high as you sound?"

"Yes." I wiggled my toes and giggled, they were cute under the blanket. It took a lot of energy to even focus my eyes. I felt very odd.

"You are precious. Shhh. Enjoy it for a minute and then we'll get a shower."

"I think I need a cigarette."

"You don't smoke, do you?" He pushed me forward and maneuvered so that he could see me.

"No but maybe I know why people do. Cause damn."

He chuckled and leaned back and I was cozy again. "Just checking. Not good for you so no smoking. Doctor's orders. You'll have to settle for a shower and dinner."

"Sounds good."

"Think you can walk or shall I carry you?"

He was mostly joking but he had one hand out ready to catch me as I got to my feet. I followed him to the bathroom and leaned against the door while he fiddled with the water and the different shower heads. He got in first and I thought for a moment that I was going to have to wait but he beckoned me in, then lowered one of the jets so that the hot water was beating onto my biceps and shoulders. "Feels so good."

"They may be a bit sore tomorrow."

"Match the rest of me. Will match. Whatever." He started soaping me and I didn't even fight him; I didn't have the energy or desire. He could wash me if he wanted to, who was I to argue? Besides, moving my arms sounded hard. He switched from the cloth to his hands as he moved over my back. They were slick and gentle and felt wonderful. Memories of the past hour assaulted me. All too soon I was under the water and rinsing while he quickly washed.

"I don't want to rush you, you can stay for a bit as long as you can handle it. I have to be clothed to answer the door though and dinner will arrive soon."

"I'll get out. Stay with you." I was grateful for the explanation. "Thanks for telling me why." We swapped places for a moment and then the water was off and he was wrapping me in a big fluffy towel.

"I don't want you to worry about anything right now. Come with me, I have some clothes for you." He reached into the bottom drawer of the dresser and pulled out sweats and a long-sleeved tee. "Something comfortable for now. You can put your clothes back on before we leave."

"You... you got me? That's... thanks."

"I need to go put some clothes on too. Curl up on the couch once you're dressed. I'll meet you there." I watched him walk towards his door, wishing he wasn't wearing a towel.

I sat down on the bed to get into the pants; I didn't trust myself to balance on one foot. He surprised me constantly, and it wasn't just the sex. He had thought this out, he knew I'd have to put on my clothes and it wasn't like I couldn't have but he wanted me to be comfortable, even for the half hour or two hours, whatever it was until we left. It was sweet. I slipped into them and they fit perfectly but I wasn't even surprised. I went into the bathroom to pee and make sure I didn't look like a cockatoo. Good thing too because I was a mess. I meandered out into the living room and the doorbell rang just as I sat down.

He took care of answering it of course and I just leaned back and pulled the throw over me. He sat a paper bag on the coffee table and then went back into the kitchen. "Water, iced tea, coffee?"

"Coffee and water? Is that okay?"

"I offered, didn't I? Go ahead and open the bag and unpack it."

Ooh it was Chinese, no, Thai. Even better. "I love Thai."

"Me too. I got a variety, grab whatever looks good. I like everything." His phone rang and he answered. "Hey. Yes, we'll be over. Okay."

I was curious but managed to hold my tongue.

He sat my drinks on the table and grabbed a box of shrimp and noodles. "After dinner we're going over to Kevin's. Ollie is going to help you get ready for tonight and they'll ride with us."