Twenty Five

They had returned to the table and I was staring. I hated that I was but hell, I was here to learn right? Besides, I've always been a fan of jewelry and fashion in general and what Ollie had around his neck was a work of art. I'm not sure how I hadn't noticed it before now except that it was fairly dark and I'd been a bit overwhelmed with everything else. "Is it hand-made?" I blurted out.

Ollie grinned and ran one finger around from the side of his collar to the front, then traced the ring that sat proudly in the middle. "Yes. Isn't it gorgeous?"

"Ollie, pride" Kevin warned.

"He's big on the major sins" he explained quickly. "Sorry Master, I'll be more careful."

"It's absolutely stunning." I added because it was true. It was hand embossed and looked soft as silk.

"But Sir Greg doesn't collar, right? So I wasn't bragging about something he would want, Master. I'm sorry Chris, if that sounded rude. I just love it so."

"I wouldn't want one, no" I said at the same time Greg said "I don't."

"Why not?" Ollie asked and it took me a moment to realize that he must have been talking to me or he would have added 'Sir' on the end.

I didn't know how to be polite about this. I didn't want to be someone's property. "It's just not very me. I'm, well I guess I don't really agree with them. Yours is lovely and I'm glad you like it. I'm not judging -- I just wouldn't ever wear one."

"Would you wear a wedding ring?" Kevin asked, the tone of his voice not quite hiding his displeasure.

"I would, yes of course."

"What's the difference? Ollie belongs with me and I care for him. He's taken. That collar is a sign of our long-term commitment. What's the difference?"

"Kevin" Greg warned. "Relax. Ollie asked him a question and he answered it. Chris wasn't rude and I think you're a lot more upset than Ollie is about it."

"And I asked one in return, that's all" Kevin countered.

"No, it's okay Sir. I'll answer if I can?" I asked. He nodded so I continued. "The difference, to me, is that you're not wearing one as well. It's not equal."

Kevin laughed then, louder than Ollie had earlier. "Oh Greg, you are in TROUBLE. What the HELL are you doing?" He pulled a chain out from underneath his shirt with a small golden key on the end. "Here's your equal, Chris." He took a long drink and then sat the empty bottle on the table. "Greg, you always liked a challenge but you must be REALLY bored." He looked towards me then and his tone softened. "Chris, I don't mean it negatively towards you. Look, he's obviously enjoying spending time with you and that's all that matters. I don't have to get it. I've known him a long time though and we both swore off newbs a LONG time ago. Did he ever tell you how we met?"

"No, he didn't."

Greg took my hand which surprised me. He gave it a squeeze and then decided to tell the story himself.

"We met in Med school. We were both after a boy and that kid drove us in circles for months. He turned us into arch rivals and I wanted to have him more to piss old KO here off than to actually be with the guy. He ended up dropping out of school mid-semester and we never saw him again. Kev and I ended up hanging around the same places though, it wasn't a very big town."

"Caused a lot of trouble at straight bars and even more at the gay ones" Kevin joked.

"Exactly. We found out that as long as we set our sights on different boys, we got along just great. The rest is history. Chris, go ahead and ask. You're going to give yourself a headache."

As much as I had enjoyed hearing the story and learning a little more about Greg, my brain was still working on the whole 'collar' thing. "I was just wondering if you two are monogamous then, or if that ever happens?"

"We are" Kevin answered.

"Do you live together?" I asked without filtering.

"Yes."

"And like sleep together and stuff? Like a married couple?"

Greg lost it then, throwing his head back. "Oh geesh. Chris, yes, they are just like an old married couple. Boring but relatively happy."

"Watch it Clemens!" Kevin said, playfully shoving him from across the table.

"You watch it!"

"Actually I'd better, don't want to get you all riled up and send you two home. He literally won't know what hit him." Kevin laughed at his own joke until Ollie whispered in his ear. "Sorry, don't mind me."

"Actually I'm dropping him off." He looked at his watch "Now, actually. Have a date." He pulled several bills out of his wallet and dropped them on the table. I reached for mine but he gave me a look that I didn't even consider arguing with.

"Ah, good old Eli. Have a blast. It was nice meeting you Chris" Kevin said as if he wasn't even phased by Greg's announcement.

"I hope we get to see you again" Ollie said. "Sir Greg, any chance you'll bring him to Conflicted?"

I had no idea what was going on and had the good sense to keep my mouth shut.

"You two are performing Saturday night?" Greg asked.

"Absolutely" Kevin answered. "Gonna work him over good. Bring Mr. Dark and Innocent and let him get a taste." He looked awfully happy about it, as if he were daring Greg. I was a little nervous since the dare involved me.

"We'll see. I'll think about it." He stood and I followed him up, then waved good-bye to Ollie. He didn't head towards the door though, he led me to the bathroom. Once we were in and alone he handed me a brown bag that he pulled out of his jacket. "Go put this in."

I headed into the stall and opened it up. "Am I allowed to say no?"

"You can safeword it but it doesn't break any of your limits."

"How did I let THAT slip?" I glanced once more at the plug and the travel-sized packet of lube he'd so generously supplied. "Okay, I will." It was a little weird walking back out of the stall but he just smiled and turned to leave and soon we were in the car. I admit that I sat very gingerly. "Sir?"

"Listen closely. You may remove it after you come tonight and I want it back in place before you come over next time. After you come, before you come over. Naked, shaved, plugged, kneeling. Got it?"

"Yes Sir."