Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Safety

-----------------------

My POV:

------------------------

Deidara panted hard at the air as his legs felt like giving up, they were burning, his old runners that he had on didn't do anything to help, the palms of his feet started hurting. He was running fast, away, away somewhere far, anywhere actually. Just to get away from the vampires.

He felt like puking all over the ground as he ran. Nothing around him was pleasant, there was dried and fresh blood on the ground and walls of buildings everywhere, slowly dripping onto the floor from surfaces, along with unpleasant things that he didn't want to think about nor see.

He had been running fast for a full fifteen minutes now and he felt his knees start to buckle at the pressure of running for so long. Deidara was told many times by his friends that he looked like the type of guy to run marathons, but in fact, Deidara was awful at any physical activity.

Amazingly, so far he hadn't been spotted by  a vampire yet, and he hasn't seen a human yet, they were still most likely hiding, he tired to follow the place where his friends would go but there was no sign of them yet.

"Ugh!" Deidara's knees buckled underneath him and he fell to the hard ground, scraping both his knees hard on the ground, "Fuck sake!" Deidara gritted his teeth in irritation as his knees began to pound in pain.

Deidara struggled to stand up, he was sure that the blood on his knees wasn't only his.  He quickly wiped the dirt off of his knees, hissing when his hands came in contact with the cuts. Just as Deidara was about to keep on going, he heard a shouting voice of a male, not far from him.

"Over here!"

Deidara's ears perked up at the sound of the familiar male voice. It's the head of the orphanage! Without a second thought, he quickly began to run to the direction of the voice, away from the alley, to his safe place.

~(*~*)~

"I am gonna take a shower"

Sasuke's ears perked up at the sound of a statement that, not to be rude, but it sounded quite enjoyable to him right there. Sasuke looked from away from the tall glass window to Naruto who was having a difficult time picking out Sasuke's clothes in his closet that weren't too over sized for him.

"Can i accompany you?" Sasuke sweetly asked.

Naruto paused on what he was doing and looked over at Sasuke, who was smirking, Naruto's eyes gleamed, "Yes of course"

Sasuke's eyes widened and the smirk faded off his face, "Really?"

Naruto softly laughed and turned his head back to the closet, "no"

Sasuke grunted and turned back to the window, unhappy about the answer.

Naruto sighed and just grabbed a pair of black sweatpants along with a matching black top. What was he expecting to get? A pretty pink t-shirt with golden butterflies on it along with bright yellow shorts? It sounded like something Naruto would have in his closet, he would surely die before the day he would see something 'pretty' and 'glamorous' in Sasuke's closet. Everything was either white, grey or what filled 80% of his closet, black.

Naruto blushed as he reached for Sasuke's clean underwear that Mikoto brought up in the basket and quickly hid it with the pair of clothes he had.  "Where's the bathroom?" Naruto asked, a few seconds later.

Sasuke didn't turn back, clearly sulking about that happened not too long ago. "To the right hall, at the end" He grunted, focusing on the outside where from his height, he could see the whole village below.

Naruto rolled his eyes as he walked towards the large door, he placed his hand on the handle of the door. He decided to hit Sasuke with a bomb. "Love you" He winked.

Sasuke's eyes widened once more, his mouth opened to say it back but being a person of not easy forgiveness, he didn't reply, sulking more inside.

Naruto stayed still for a moment, thinking Sasuke would say it back but sighed when he didn't, a bit disappointed. Naruto opened the door and quietly left Sasuke alone.

As soon as Naruto was gone, Sasuke roughly ran his hand through his hair in calm anger.

He felt like a pile of shit now.

~(*~*)~

"Do you think it's over now?"

Lee put down his glass of water on the counter and looked over to Sakura who had a worried expression on her face. He quickly smiled and put one thumb up.

"We definitely don't know yet-But! We'll wait here one more day and we'll check!!" Lee exclaimed happily.

Sakura blinked at Lee's suddenly happiness but she softly smiled and lightly shaked his head. Lee had been so worried about the safely of both of them for the past day or more that she was surprised that he wasn't tired. Sakura's smile slowly widened. What was she expecting?

This is Lee of course.

Her Lee.

~(*~*)~

Hinata was breathing hard but she tried to quieten down. Her heart was a beating mess.

She, her friends and three strangers were hiding in a dark clothing store, the electricity didn't work here, and it was a good place to hide. They had just risked everything and ran across the road from the Owl shop to Pennys. They were not spotted.

They barely seen any vampires seen at all toddler, the only ones they saw where Uchiha's guards, which left them with one big question. Is it over?

"Calm down Hinata-chan,"

Hinata snapped her head up and her face met with Kiba's, who had a slightly worried expression. Her face flushed red at the closeness and she darted her eyes to the side, avoiding Kiba out of embarrassment.

She shouldn't be blushing with Kiba at her sight. She broke up with him when he cheated on her with Sakura at the party. But she always found herself wanting to go back to Kiba, they were together since childhood. Kiba cheating with Sakura broke her heart.

"Y-yes"

Kiba bit the inside of his lip and walked to Akamaru to check on his wound.  Akamaru broke his left leg. He felt like dirt. The guilt was starting to get to him about not being able to protect his dog and....what happened on that night. He didn't deserve Hinata at all, that night was one huge drunk mistake. Him and Sakura didn't talk now. Hinata deserved someone better who would be loyal to her as she is to them. Kiba still loved Hinata with all his heart, but after all that happened, he was sure Hinata didn't want him back.

Hinata looked at Kiba's back as he walked away from her and she sighed softly. She disliked having the person who cheated on her around her all the time but deep inside, she just can't stop loving Kiba.

Hinata stood up and put a hand on her chest and took a deep breath. She needed to calm down. Panicking wasn't helping, they wee lucky that they made it in alive.

Hinata walked to the back of the store. It wasn't too big, just a bit bigger then a little store of Spar. She saw toilets here.

Hinata fiddled with the  bottom of her t-shirt as she entered the female bathroom. She shivered. The windows were open and it was freezing. Hinata walked to the end of the bathroom, reach up and closed it.

After that, she walked over to the mirror and looked at herself for a while. She was mess. Her cheeks were bright red from the little run they did 10 minutes ago, her hair was a mess, sticking out a bit from hiding in the woolen blanket for too long. She wrinkled her nose as she looked at her body. She hasn't washed herself in days, almost over a week now. She just hoped she didn't reek of sweat.

Hinata sighed and turned on the tap. At least the water worked. She grabbed some cold water and splashed it on her face, causing her cheeks to redden down a bit.

Hinata opened her eyes and looked in the mirror- She froze. Her eyes widened instantly and she bit back a horrible scream. Right there behind her was a blooded female vampire.

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End.