Chapter 3

I woke up at 6:30 the next morning. I decided that I would pack away some clothes and stuff. That took half an hour. I grabbed a shower and got changed into my black short skirt and a pale blue v-neck and my black converse. I did my hair and stood there studying myself in the mirror. I was pretty and I could pass for a 21 year old. My curves were all in the right place. I moved my hair back and was shocked. What is that on my neck? 

"Oh yeah," I said outloud as I remembered Josh giving me a hickey yesterday. I grabbed my make up to cover it up but was shouted from downstairs before I could put any on. I grabbed my bag, shoved my make up in and grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. 

"Hey babe, what's that on your neck?" My mum said as I went to the fridge to get a drink.

"I know, I know. Come on, give me the lecture about not selling your body or whatever."

"Actually I was gonna say it was nice that you have a boyfriend."

"Thanks mum," I was stunned at her reaction.  I put my empty bottle in the bin.

"Are you taking me to school today?"

"Yeah of course. I'm coming straight home after though, the moving van is coming at 10." 

"Okay, let's go then." 

We walked out of the door and mum drove to the school. She dropped me outside the gate and drove off. 

"Madison!"  I turned around to see Mr Thomas walking towards me. 

"How are you doing this morning?" He asked.

"I'm good, we're moving today so I feel bad because mum's rushing around trying to sort the house out." 

"How come you're moving?" 

"The house was far too big for just two of us so mum found a smaller house that's perfect for us." I said, as I started to shiver. 

"Here, take this." He said, handing me his leather jacket. I put it on and instantly felt warmer. We carried on walking and soon we were in the school grounds.

"Do you want to talk about the thing I mentioned yesterday? You have detention tonight, don't forget." 

"Yeah sure." I said, before walking away into the school. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

School went without anything big going on. Well up to lunch time, it did. At lunch, I found Josh and pulled him off under the stairs.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this Josh, I just don't feel the same way about you. I thought I did but obviously not. There's someone better out there for you. I just know it. We've been friends like forever, I really don't want this to affect our friendship." 

He pulled me into a hug and put his head in my neck. I could hear him sniffing and I thought he was crying. 

"Is this his? The man you're dumping me for?"  He said pulling away from me.

"I'm not dumping you for anyone."

"OH MY GOD! This is Mr Thomas'! He was wearing it yesterday." He dragged me to Mr Thomas' classroom and didn't even bother to knock on the door and just pushed me through the door.

"Josh, Madison, whats up?" Mr Thomas said. I had tears building up in my eyes. Mr Thomas went to shut the door.

"You know full well what is wrong!" Josh yelled at him.

"Actually, I have no idea what you're going on about."

"Well let me give you a clue. 1) You give your jacket to my girlfriend and 2) She has just dumped me and I have a feeling it has something to do with you."

"I lent it to her because she was cold this morning and she didn't have a jacket with her. If she dumped you it's maybe because of the fact that you're a complete idiot and you don't deserve her."

"What and you do? Well Sir, you are welcome to that slapper. She's just a worthless little girl and if she had died with her sister, no one would've cared!" He shouted. I stood there with tears running down my face. It registered to him what he just said.

"Oh my god, Madi, I didn't mean that. You know I would care if you died, you're my world and I couldn't live without you. I really really am sorry." He said.

"It's fine, I wish I had died instead of her." I went and sat on the floor by the window with my head in my hands.

"Josh, I think you had better go and can you go and tell Mr Jacobson to take over my class and I'll take her home."

Josh walked out and Mr Thomas came over to me and knelt down in front of me. 

"You OK? Crap that was a stupid question to ask." 

"It's fine, can I just go home now please? Oh crap I've not got my keys."

"It's alright. I'll take you back to mine." 

I followed him to his car and he drove me back to his.