Chapter 38 part 1

The song on the side don't play till I tell you to.

__________________________________________________________________

Madi's POV:

It was Friday morning and I was sat in the hall rehearsing the time placements with the other groups. It was about 2 and a half hours till the show and the teacher group was nowhere to be seen. According to the gossips, they were planning something extra special. I don't know what it was but it sounded cool.

Ten minutes later, Ethan walked in with a cross face whereas Sam's face was happy. I asked Sam what made him happy and he just said  "Wait till later baby sister." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was ten minutes into the competition and we were up next. We got up on the stage and I started singing my bit. I was looking out into the crowd and as my eyes passed Sam and Ethan, I saw someone else with them. Matt started singing his bit and I saw Sam nod his head in my direction. The mystery man turned around. I gasped quietly. 

The man I loved who I hadn't seen in nearly 8 months was at the school talent show final. I regained myself in time to see it was my singing turn. I sung staring at him. When we had finished, everyone clapped and cheered. I looked at him to see him mouthing something.

'I love you.'

I hurried off the stage and made my way to the dressing room. I checked my phone to see I had an incoming call. I answered it.

"Hey Madi." I recognised Sam's voice.

"Hey Sam."

"You OK? Are you happy about Theo?"

"Did you already know?"

"Yeah that's where the group was. We were arranging him to sing a song as our second song. Which reminds me, we are about to go on so I will see you after the show. Love you little sister."

He hung up and I text the group.

Meet me in the dressing room, need to talk about the song x - Madi<3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quarter of an hour later, I had finished telling them about the song change and they were happy about it. I walked out and went to go and check out the competition.  I walked out of the door that leads to the hall and came to the side of the stage by the judges desk. I said hey to some of the people that were stood near me that I knew. Nicole, Jess and Pixie hugged me when they saw me.

The girl from the year below had just finished singing and the host was coming on the stage. 

"Well done. That was May Edwards. Next up is Parade of Lights. Now, we all know that one of the members Mr Brown was in a plane crash and we all thought he had died. However, he managed to escape and here he is in Parade Of Lights. Give it up for Parade Of Lights everybody!" The host said before walking off the stage. 

I saw Ethan and Theo stood with guitars, Sam stood with a bass.I saw Riley walk on stage and everyone clapped. The song started and the boys started playing. Riley started singing ' Never change' by Dear Juliet.

The song finished and everybody cheered. The host walked on.

"Well done guys. Right, we're going to take a short break but when we come back we will have Opposites Attract."

He walked off. I walked to the dressing room to find Alexis and Josh arguing.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Alexis has my shirt." Josh said.

"Let go of the shirt both of you." I said. They let go and I picked it up and gave it to Josh. 

"Right, we're on next. I just saw Parade Of Lights and they're really good. Riley was singing."

"Riley was singing? Was he good? What did he sing?" Alexis asked eagerly. Where had the sudden interest about Riley come from?

"Yeah he was, he was good and he was singing 'Never change' by Dear Juliet."

"OK I need the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute." She rushed out of the door. I looked at the rest of the group. 

"We need to get ready because we're on in precisely two minutes." 

Everyone rushed to get ready and then rushed out of the door towards the stage. I walked slowly towards the stage. As I past a corridor, I heard a noise so I looked down it and saw Alexis and Riley kissing. I smiled. I'm glad she's found someone.

I hurried up when I heard the tannoy announcing that we had to hurry up. Alexis seemed to hear it too as she stopped and ran away from him, passing me. I made it to the stage as the host was announcing us. When he walked off, I walked on. The music started and as I started to sing, I looked out into the crowd and saw Theo stood there smiling. 

----------------------------------------

PLAY SONG!

----------------------------------------

When the song was finished, everyone clapped and cheered. We walked off and I walked out into the crowd and sat in front of the judges desk with Alexis, Amy, Pixie, Nicole and Jess. The boys were stood up near us.