Chapter 17

This chapter's just gonna be Ethan's pov as Madi is in a coma. Let me know what you think please x

_____________________________________________________________

Ethan's POV:

I walked around the waiting room. I knew I had to phone Sam but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him about Madi trying to commit suicide. I sat down and put my head in my hands and cried. I just wanted her to survive, it was her idea for breaking up. Actually no it wasn't it was whoever was threatening her to expose her. I'm gonna find who it is and kill him for making her do this to herself. 

"Mr Thomas?" The nurse said as she walked in. I put my head up and followed her out of the waiting room to Madi's room.

The nurse knocked on and I heard a voice saying "come in". I knew it wasn't Madi but followed her in. I saw Madi led there unconscious and a doctor writing on a clipboard. The doctor looked up and put the file back into the box at the end of her bed. He looked at me.

"Right, you're Ethan Thomas?" I nodded. 

"Can I ask your relationship with Madi?"

"She's my student and I'm best friends with her brother, so we talk a bit."

"OK, just wondering that's all cos you look like you have been crying."

"I have because my girlfriend just dumped me and I find my best mates sister in a shower cubicle bleeding and unconscious, so yeah I have been crying."

"OK, well at the moment she's in a coma but she'll hopefully be out either later on today or early tomorrow."

"OK." I said as he walked out the room followed by the nurse. I sat next to her bed and held her hand and cried again, for what must have been the 7th time in the past two days. After 2 hours, I got out my phone and dialled Sam. He answered after two rings.

"Hello?" He said sounding really happy.

"Sam..." I struggled to get out through my tears.

"What's up bro?" He asked still sounding happy.

"Um..it's Ma..ad... Bro I can't do this." I said through my tears.

"Do what? What's happened?"

"Madi. Hospital."

"Oh shit dude, I'm coming now."

"Dude, I can't do this, I'm going."

"Stay there please Ethan. I mean it."

"Dude I'm going." I said as I hung up the phone and I stood up and walked to door and I took one look at Madi and with tears streaming down my face and ran out of the room and out of the hospital to my car. Knowing I wouldn't be able to drive, I decided to walk.

I walked all round town and came to the outskirts and went to an diner that said it sold alcohol. I ordered a beer and took a seat at one of the booths. I took a sip and recoiled. I hadn't drunk since I was 15, its been six years since I had a drink, since the accident, since I had to go to rehab. I decided not to blow it yet. I paid for the drink and walked out.

I decided to go to a place I hadn't been since I was 15. I went home and got my motorbike from my garage and drove to my favourite place- my family's log cabin in the wood that was near a secluded lake. I pulled up outside and went inside. I sat down on the leather couch and for the first time since the accident, I cried my heart out for well over two hours. I kicked the coffee table away and everything that was on it smashed. I hate this. It's stupid. I grabbed my phone and saw I had three new messages.