Chapter 43

Madi's POV:

I woke up to the sound of an empty house. I rolled over, expecting to see Theo. I remember what had happened and got out of bed. I quickly had a shower and got changed into a pair of skinny black jeans, a blue t-shirt and just to keep me sane through today, Theo's hoody. I grabbed my bag, my converse and my phone and went down the hallway to go downstairs.

As I passed Luke's room, I looked in and saw Rachel already seeing to him. It was her first official day today and today was the day that my mum went away. I walked downstairs to find her sat at the breakfast bar eating cereal and reading the newspaper. I put my bag and shoes down on the floor by the door and went and got some cereal. While I was eating it, Rachel came downstairs carrying Luke and placed him in his highchair. She sorted out a bottle and I fed it to him. He giggled and gurgled when I had finished. Rachel picked him up and burped him for me while I finished my cereal. 

I put the empty bowl in the dishwasher and went and put my shoes on. When I had done, I walked over to Rachel who was now sat down next to Luke. I kissed him on the forehead and went and grabbed my bag. I said bye to everyone and walked out of the house. 

I got in the car and drove to school. I can't wait to leave this place, I thought as I pulled up into my regular spot, too many memories. I was there half an hour early. I got out and walked to my locker.  I got out my notebook with my revision notes in and walked to form.

When I got there, it was empty apart from two people. One was sleeping and the other one had his headphones in. I know they wouldn't disturb me when I did some revision. Ten minutes later, Joe came barging in. He sat down next to me and turned to me.

"Madi?" He asked.

"Yes?" I said, stopping my revision and turning to him.

"Um....Theo turned up at my apartment again last night. Looking for you apparently and when I said you weren't here, he left but not before throwing a few insults my way. He attempted to hit me as well when I said you would be better off without him." He said. 

"Oh for Christ sake." I said. I got up and walked out of the room. I walked to Theo's door and walked in. He was sat at his desk and his head immediately popped up when he saw me and he smiled. However, when Joe walked in behind me, his face turned into a frown. He stood up and moved closer to Joe.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her. Did I not make myself clear enough?" Theo asked, coming closer to Joe.

"I don't think I heard you, maybe you could repeat it." Joe said, smirking.

"Stop." I said, getting in between them.

"What is it with lads fighting? In fact, what is it with you two fighting? It's annoying me now." I said. 

"I'm sorry Madi, it was his fault though." Theo said.

"I don't want to any apologies of any of you's. Say sorry to each other and quit with the fighting, it's just pathetic." I said. 

"Sorry Joe." 

"Sorry Theo." 

"Right, now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Joe, we need to get form." I said, before walking out. I walked back to form and sat back in my seat.  Five minutes later, Ethan walked in and a few minutes after that Joe walked in. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day went by really fast and before long, I was at home. I was at the kitchen table doing some art work when the doorbell rang. I went and opened it and saw Ethan stood there.

"Hey, I just thought I'd pop round, it's been a while since I talked to you properly. And I thought if I wasn't intruding, maybe I could see your son." He said. Riley and Sam popped out from behind him.

"Yeah and we thought we would come too." They said at the same time.  I invited them all in and the made themselves comfortable on the sofas and turned the TV on.

I went upstairs to find Rachel and Luke. They were in Luke's bedroom and Luke was in Rachel's arm. 

"Hey, some of my friends and my brother are downstairs, would you like to come and see them?" I asked Rachel.

"Yeah sure, I'll bring Luke." She said. I walked out of the room and back downstairs, followed by Rachel. When we got to the bottom of the stairs, I got Luke out of Rachel's arm and went and sat next to Sam. I passed Luke to him and he looked like he was about to cry. 

An hour later, Luke started to cry so Rachel said she would take him upstairs and Sam went to the toilet upstairs. I went upstairs to get my phone which I had left in my room and when I walked past the bathroom, I saw Rachel and Sam kissing. Aw!

I got my phone, took a quick picture and went back downstairs. I'd ask her about it later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 9pm, Sam, Riley and Ethan went home and I was sat in the front room with Rachel watching Pretty Little Liars.

"Hey Rach?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"What happened earlier? With you and Sam, I mean."

"What?"

"I walked passed the bathroom and I saw you too kissing, I wasn't peeping and I'm not gonna tell you off. I mean it's my brother and to be honest, I could care less who he dates but if you do end up going out with him, be careful. He's got a bit of a reputation as a player so I thought I should warn you. I'm guessing this isn't the first time you have met."

"I do like him, I like him a lot more than I should do and I already know he's a player and yes this isn't the first time I've seen him. I met him in a club, a town over, a few months and ever since then he's been texting me and calling me. When he moved, I was gutted and I thought that I'd never see him again but I saw him a week ago in a club and since then we've been going out properly. I think I'm in love with him."

"Aw. That's so cute. My nanny and my brother in love. Aw." I said. I hugged her and she hugged back. 

"My birthday's tomorrow and he said he would take me out but I told him I was going out with friends but they've all backed out now. I was thinking of inviting Riley and Ethan as they were alright earlier, Sam obviously and you, that's if you would want to."

"Yeah sure, I'd love to." 

"Thank you, I never really had a friend but you're so nice to me, I can see us becoming good friends in the future." 

"I'm going to bed now." I said to her, I hugged her and went upstairs. I checked on Luke and he was sound asleep, so I went into my room. I did my regular bedtime routine and then fell asleep.

___________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter,, gonna be an interesting chapter next time :)