Chapter 5

I woke up and checked the time and it read 7:30.

"Shit!" I mumbled as I rushed to get a shower. I got changed into a black short skirt and a light blue t-shirt and my black converse. I brushed my hair and grabbed my bag and my phone and rushed out the door knowing my mum would have already gone to work. I ran past his house and the tears threatened to fall but I continued to run to school.

I made it before the bell rang. I ran to my locker and then ran to first lesson.  As soon as I walked into Chemistry, I could hear Lexi shouting to me. 

"Get your ass over here now!"

I walked over to her and sat down next to her.

"What happened yesterday? Because Josh said that Mr Thomas took you home."

"Yeah he did but nothing happened."

"You sure?"

"Yes I am sure. I was there wasn't I?"

"Jesus no need to get snappy!"

"Lexi, I wasn't getting snappy at you, it's just nothing happened and anyway where is Josh? And where is Mr Davies?" 

"I don't know. And what did you say to Josh? Because he sounded really upset when he called me."

"I didn't say anything to Josh, he said some pretty shitty things and had a go at Mr Thomas."

I put my head on the table. Oh shit, I have him last. What am I gonna say to him? My thoughts were interrupted by that familiar voice filling the classroom. Oh shit....

"Right class, I will be taking over Mr Davies class for a while as he has hurt his back playing Basketball. Even though I have no idea why he would be playing that, he's too short," He said, everyone laughed. He continued.

"That just means that you will have me for Chemistry and Physics so that means double me. However, since the lesson is nearly finished then you can talk among yourselves and we can get on with the work tomorrow."

I kept my head down the entire lesson. I hate this. The bell rang and I rushed out along with the rest of the class. The rest of the lesson before lunch were uneventful.  At lunch, I saw Josh. He looked really tired and looked like he'd been crying.

"Hey, I'm sorry for yesterday, I didn't mean it. You're my world."

I pulled him into a hug.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" 

"I guess." I said as we both smiled. 

"Come on then," He said as he pulled me into the canteen towards Lexi and the others.

"I'm guessing you've made up then?" Lexi said, as we came closer.

"Yep I guess, he's one of my best friends, I couldn't stay mad at him for too long,"

We sat down and ate dinner. I saw Mr Thomas come in, and as soon as I did, I ran out. I walked to next lesson. I walked in and noticed there was no one else in there. I sat down at my normal seat.

"Hey," Mr Thomas said as he came through the door. I ignored him and put my head down on the desk.

After about 5 minutes the bell rang and the rest of the class piled in. I felt my arm being patted but just ignored them. I hate this. Why does he do this? Why does he make me feel like this and then say no? I don't get him.

"Right class, today we are working in pairs." He said a list of names and I listened out for who I had. I had Jack who wasn't in today as usual.  Great, just my luck.

"Madison, you will be working with me today as Jack isn't in. Right read the board, get the equipment, set up the experiment and record the results." I am not working with him, no way. I hate him, he annoys me so much.

I heard people moving around me. I felt a hand on my arm and I ignored it. I felt a hand pull my chin up but I refused to look at him. He cupped my face in his hands and made me look at him. A single tear ran down my face. I pushed his hands off me, grabbed my bag and ran out of the room. 

I went and sat down on the steps by the Expressive Arts block and put my head in my hands.