Chapter Two: Shopping

We stop in Seattle, so I can get a new car since my truck is a piece of junk and is super slow.

I end up getting a red Porsche with black racing stripes. After filling out all the necessary paperwork, Angela and I get back on the road. The only time we stop is when we need to get gas or food. It takes about 10 hours to get to Mystic Falls from Seattle because of my love for speed.

We stop at a hotel right outside Mystic Falls to rest after the long drive.
~~~
I wake up to the sound of the ice machine being used and people walking to get breakfast.

"Angela, come on the quicker we get into town the quicker we can find an apartment to share."

"I don't want to get up, I just want to sleep," she mumbles.

I go over to the mini fridge and grab a bottle of ice cold water and open it. I walk back over to the bed and dump the water on her.

"What— Why? I was going to get up, you didn't have to dump water on me. I know you're eager to find your birth father, but is it really necessary to get up at-" She glances at the clock. "7:30 on a fricken Saturday!" Angela yells.

I look at her and nod my head before going over to my suitcase and getting my outfit for the day.

I grab a light blue mini skirt and a white tank top. I also grab a pair of black heels. I put on my Mom's lapis lazuli necklace, bracelet, ring, and earrings.

Angela gets a pair of black jeans and a floral top. She puts on a pair of black Vans. She also adds some jewelry.

After we are dressed we head down to the lobby to get breakfast and pay for our room. We eat quickly and get back on the road.

Once on the road again, we blast music going down the highway.

We drive for about an hour when we finally reach the Welcome to Mystic Falls sign. We pull up to a place called the Mystic grill. I know very creative. We get out and walk past it and to the Mayor's office to introduce ourselves.

I walk into the office to be met by a secretary with her hair in a bun.

"Welcome to Mystic Falls town hall. My names Susan what can I help you with?"

"My names Isabel Ova and this is my best friend Angela Webber. We're new to town and we were wondering if there was a hotel or somewhere we can stay until we can get an apartment," I say sweetly.

"Oh well welcome to Mystic Falls. There's an apartment open down the street if you would like to stay there until you found something more permanent."

"Yes, I think we would like to do that. Is the Mayor busy? We would like to introduce ourselves to him."

"He's in a meeting at the moment. I'll let him know you stopped by," Susan says.

"Okay thank you. Can you give us the address of the apartment building and high school?" Angela asks.

Susan nods and writes down the addresses. After she gives us them we go back to our car and head to the apartment building and Mystic High school. We drive through the small town until we get to the apartment building and talk to the owner who was more than happy to give us the apartment for free. I may have used a bit of compulsion on him, much to Angela's dismay.

"Okay, Angela now that we're moved in why don't we go shopping for clothes and other necessities. I really need a new wardrobe," I say looking at the few normal outfits I have.

"Ya lets go, but I do have one rule, no compulsion when I'm around. You can use it as long as I don't see you doing it," she looks at me with a pointed look.

I nod my head to her in full agreement and we head to the nearest boutique. There aren't many places to shop in Mystic Falls, and we don't want to drive to Richmond.

~                ~                ~

Angela and I are trying on the many outfits we found. I put on a royal blue dress along with a pair of black lace pumps. I walk out of the dressing room and see her in a similar outfit.

"Okay, are you sure we aren't twins because we both have like the exact same outfit on. I think we should buy these and head out to get lunch. I was talking to one of the sales ladies and she says we should go to the Mystic grill," Angela explains.

We grab our outfits and take the tags off the dresses we're wearing and give them all to the sales lady. She rings us up and we head back to the car.