Chapter Thirty-One: Where did they go?

I watch the Supernatural creatures in the mansion like a hawk. I don't need them causing any trouble.

"Elijah, where did brother dearest go with my soon to be sister in law?" Rebekah asks.

I look at her in confusion. I use my mate bond to figure out where they ran off to. I feel them in the woods behind the house.

"They went for a walk in the woods. Isa has been saying she feels drained being around so many supernaturals."

Rebekah watches a few of the shifters as they scarf down the food that Mrs.Cullen made for them.

"Oh. Well, I'm going to go find them so I can take Isa shopping. Maybe that will help her feel better." She states with a small smile on her face.

Something changes with the mate bond and I listen closely to Isa and Niklaus' thoughts.

"Brother is everything okay?" I ask mentally.

"Isa's wolf came through. It was causing her pain so she's shifting and we are going to go for a run. Hopefully, that will help her wolf stay at bay until the next full moon."

Rebekah heads for the door of the mansion. I flash over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Leave them be, sister. Isa just shifted for the first time. They need some time to themselves."

She huffs and walks back towards the stairs. She walks up and slams her bedroom door closed. I chuckle at her childish behavior.

I walk over to the Whitlock's who are huddled up in a corner together.

"Elijah, everything okay?" Jasper asks.

I sit down next to the three of them. I rest my head in my hand before answering.

"Everything is fine. Isa just shifted into her wolf for the first time and I fear it will send her into heat. Which isn't the best thing with everything that's going on."

Peter looks at me with a knowing look. I sigh, shaking my head.

"Sorry man, it's going to happen. The good thing is that she won't get pregnant during her first mating after shifting." Peter explains.

Charlotte and Jasper smack the back of his. He shoots both of them a playful glare. I shake my head at their antics.

"Thank you, Peter, for your all so helpful information." I deadpan.

"Always happy to help, Elijah."

"I would like to apologize for my stupid husband. He doesn't have a brain." Charlotte says with a smile.

"Hey! I do to have a brain!" Peter defends himself.

Jasper laughs and turns to me.

"How is Isa handling all this? She had told me before we started gathering witnesses that she was stressed."

I take a few moments to think about how Isa has been acting lately.

"She's still stressed, maybe even more so now. She doesn't like being surrounded by so many supernatural creatures."

He nods his head. If only I knew how to help relieve some of her stress.

"Her shifting should help a little with that. I had been feeling something different coming from her for a few days now. I think she has been so stressed because her wolf wants to protect you and Nik. Even if she knows that you are both safe."

"I hope so. I feel useless to help her right now."

I give the Whitlocks a smile and bid them goodnight. I walk away to find Kol and make sure he's not causing trouble. I walk over towards the stairs and see Damon and Kol in a heated conversation.

"Kol, Damon, knock it off. The last thing we need right now is fighting within our ranks. Kol, leave Elena alone. Damon, Kol is all bark and no bite so you don't have to worry about him." I say playing peacekeeper while Isa is away.

"Where's my daughter Elijah?"

I take a moment to think about how I want to handle this. I'm just going to have to be blunt.

"She phased for the first time and it sent her into heat. Nik took her somewhere safe until it's over."

His eyes widen and he looks as if he wants to kill someone.

"WHAT! Isa never killed anyone how the hell did she trigger her curse? And it's not a full moon."

I take a step towards Damon and push him against the wall by his throat effectively holding him in place and keeping his full attention.

"Damon calm down. She can change at will like Nik can. They will be back in a few days."

I let go of his neck and step back. He gasps and grabs his neck. He nods at me and I move away from him.

Please let her heat be short. I don't think I can take being left here with all these supernaturals without killing someone.