Chapter Twenty-Two: Changes

Dream Sequence

I look around and see that I am in the same place as I was after I passed out. I call out for Anna knowing she is the one who brought me back to this dream world.

"Anna! Why did you bring me back to this place? Do you know something that I need to?" I ask seeing her appear from behind a tree.

"You have solidified your bonds with your mates. That was a good choice. I've pulled you into this dream to tell you all about how your life will be changed from this point forward," she says walking closer to me.

"What do you mean by changes?"

She motions me over to a bench and we sit down. Suddenly, she has a bunch of papers and folders on the wooden table. I go to grab one of them but Anna swats my hand away.

"It's better if I explain this to you. We will start with your mates."

She opens a folder that has information about my mates. She hands me one of the papers.

"You and your mates will not be able to be killed unless both of your mates are staked with the white oak. Now as for the little daggers that Klaus has for each of his family members, it will no longer work on Elija-"

"Wait so you're saying that Lijah is immune to it like Nik?"

"Mmhhm. You also won't be able to feed on anyone but your mates. They will drink blood from other humans and then you will feed on them. The blood won't taste the same to them either. The nutrients they don't get from the blood they drink directly from the source they will get from you," she says making me confused.

"Are other mated Vampires like this or just us? I mean I never met another mated pair before."

"There has only ever been one other pair like this. Though it's a little different. The mated pair would be Finn and Sage. Klaus and Elijah's eldest sibling. He is currently daggered, so Sage is not getting blood. She's basically a human at the moment."

"Okay, this is weird. Any other stuff I need to know?"

"You're going to start nesting soon. You will do that after your first mating and again when you become pregnant. Now for that to work that would mean the wolf in you will have to go into heat. You will need to be with Klaus only at that time," Anna stresses.

"This is all too much at the moment can we put this on hold and just explain everything as it comes up? Anna, I may be a vampire/witch/wolf/angel hybrid, but that doesn't mean that I can handle all this info at once!"

"Fine, we'll take things in little bits. I will start coming to you on earth instead of in dreams."

I wake back up in my mates' arms with them looking at me with concern.

"Umm... hi?" I ask.

"Are you okay? You started shifting and stirring in your sleep. You kept saying something about Anna," Lijah states.

I look at both of them with a confused face. Do I talk in my sleep? That's a new one.

"I was with Anna in my dream world. She was telling me more about who I am and what's going to change between the three of us," I pause waiting to see if they ask questions.

"What is going to change between us, Love?" Nik asks.

"Well for starters, the dagger will no longer work on Lijah. Don't ask why or how because I don't know. Also, I won't be able to die unless both of you are staked with White Oak-" I'm cut off by both my mates letting out a sigh of relief.

"As I was saying, another thing that will be changing between us is that I won't be able to feed off humans anymore. I will feed off of you. You will feed as normal, though the blood will taste off or sour I guess. What you don't get from them you will get from me," I finish my explanation.

My mates sit closer to me and hold me. Lijah nods his head.

"I think Finn and Sage were like that. I remember him saying something about blood not tasting the same anymore," Lijah says.

I nod my head telling him he's right. Now that we got all the important stuff down, I look around the room. I calculate what all I want to change in here.

"Nik, Lijah, I need to go shopping for the house. It needs a woman's touch," I whine.

"Looks like your nesting instincts have kicked in," Lijah says with a chuckle.

I lightly growl at him making Nik grin.

"You wolf is making an appearance Love."

I give Nik the middle finger.