Chapter Twenty-Seven: A heart to heart

I get up from Elijah's lap. I give him a quick peck on the lips and walk over to Jasper. I motion him into the next room over.

He follows me and we go and sit on the floor. I look at him while I sit with my legs crisscrossed. He does the same.

"How are you really doing Isa and don't try to lie to me. I will know."

I sigh and look at his face.

"I'm overwhelmed. This is a lot to try and understand and I'm not sure I will be able to handle everything by myself," I say quietly not really wanting to admit my struggles to grasp everything.

"Isa you're not alone you have your mates and the Whitlock's. You also have the Cullen's and the wolf pack. You have your new friends. So no Isa, you won't be going through this alone. In fact, you will have even more people on your side once we start to gather witnesses."

I smile and nod my head. Jasper gets up and pulls me into a hug; I let him, enjoying his company.

"I think there is more than us just being friends. I feel like we are connected at a stronger level. I feel the same way with Pete and Char."

He runs his fingers through my hair. I rest my head against his shoulder.

"I know Isa, I feel it too. From the way it feels to me, it is a sibling bond. If Marcus was here he would be able to tell us for sure."

I nod in his shoulder. I feel Pete and Char enter the room. I look over at them and they smile. I let go of Jasper and give Char my cute yet fierce sister a hug and kiss on the cheek. I then give Pete a hug and a slap on the back of his head.

"Hey what was that for?" He asks rubbing the back of his head frowning.

"That was for you not telling me about all of this sibling crap when we first met several years ago."

He laughs and pulls both Jasper and Char closer and snuggle into him. I look at them with an arched brow.

"Jasper, what is your actual relationship with Pete and Char?"

They all look at me and frown slightly. I use my magic to make the room soundproof.

"Anything said now will not be heard by anyone else.

"Alice isn't my mate. She's been more of a companion. We both are just playing the part for the Cullen's. I'm part of what our kind call all a Triad. Or like in your case a very special type of mate," Jasper explains.

"So would I technically be part of a Triad as well?"

Pete nods his head with a smirk.

"Triads are protected under Volturi law. The kings, however, are not a triad, if that's what you are thinking."

It's my turn to smirk. Maybe I do have a way to protect my family without having to fight. If I can prove to the Volturi that I am indeed part of a Triad they would have to let us live or they would be breaking their own laws.

My mates feeling my giddy emotions come into the room.

"What has you so excited?" Nik asks pulling me close to him and kissing my neck.

"I may have just found a way to convince the Volturi not to kill us and to allow us more time to plan their ultimate demise," I explain with a smirk still on my pale face.

I push my raven hair out of my face and turn to look at my mates before continuing.

"We are a Triad. A rare group of vampires chosen to help protect all supernaturals. Peter, Charlotte, and Jasper are also Triads. We are even more rare than mates. I should have realized it sooner. For god sakes, I study the supernatural world!"

"Which protects us under Volturi law. They can't hurt us, it's another one of their laws. This one created by Marcus. He was part of a Triad before both of his other mates perished because of the children on the moon," Lijah states catching on.

"It seems we will have to tell the others. Jasper, are you sure you want to share this with the Cullen's? They have only ever known you to be Alice's mate," I ask knowing that this could change the way his family thinks of him.

He runs his hands through his honey blonde curls and looks at Pete and Char. I watch him close his eyes as if in deep thought.

"Yes. I have a family and if this changes the way the Cullen's think of me, well then they are just going to lose a powerful member and protector.

Let the drama begin.