Chapter Thirty-Six: Let's Finish this!

(Angela's POV)

Snow Falls from the sky, moving in a seemingly practiced dance. It sticks to the grass below. I watch as the two Originals stand on either side of Isa as she watches the snow with worry on her face. The witnesses have been training for weeks but Isa's still worried about the outcome of this so-called battle she saw.

The dark-haired Original pulls Isa closer to him and places a loving kiss on the top of her head. The younger Original squeezes her hand. She looks at him with her half smile.

I sigh and turn away from the trio. This ordeal has been tough on everyone and I can't stand seeing Isa in so much mental pain. She has been my sister for as long as I can remember. She has always been there for me from the moment I learned how to ride a bike to finally admitting I like girls. She stayed by my side as I broke down in her living room. Not being able to face my parents after coming out to them. She held me and told me everything would be okay. She talked to my parents before they even got a chance to see me when they came to find me.

She is and will always be my best friend, sister, and confident. I would die to protect her and hers, just as she would do with me.

I look around the mansion that has become my home over the last month. Vampires, Shifters, Hybrids, Witches, and Cold Ones stand side by side chatting and laughing. Who would have thought that every supernatural creature could come together without starting a war with each other?

"It's time!" Alice yells bringing everyone's attention to her.

"They will be here tomorrow morning. We need to get to the location and set up for the night." Isa adds in coming to stand in the center of the room.

Her mates stand by watching her with loving gazes. I saunter over to her and give her a hug. She returns it eagerly not letting go.

"How did this become your life, Angela? What happened to the cute little girl who never wanted to do anything but have me read her stories or play dolls with her?" She asks whimsically.

I smile and pull away slightly. "She grew up to be like her role model. I love you, Isa. You are my sister, I promise you are going to make it out of this alive, even if I have to die trying."

Isa's eyes well up with tears and she pulls me back into her embrace, before letting go and wipes her eyes quickly giving me a teary-eyed smile.

"I love you to my sweet child. You were the daughter I never got to have while I was human. And I promise you this, you will never have to die to protect me. I would never let that happen."

I grab her hand and we walk hand in hand out of the house meeting up with the two Original brothers.

~~~

Jacob drops some firewood in a makeshift fire pit. Isa and her mates stand off to the side of the group watching everyone interact. Benjamin's fingertips burst into flames and he throws the fire on the woods lighting up the bonfire. I smile and move closer to Rebekah. She smiles when she sees me standing next to her.

"That's what I'm talking about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories." Jake says sitting down on a log next to Ben.

I look around at the group. "Or just standing there like frikin' statutes," I add pulling Rebekah to sit on one of the open logs across from Ben and Jake.