Chapter 12 - Party Toh Banti Hai...

Navya and I reached for the party together. Even if I was modest I had to agree that I looked stunning in the saree. I was surprised by my own standards. I had left my hair open and laid it over one shoulder leaving the other completely bare because of the off shoulder blouse that I wore. The heels, the ear bobs and the bracelet and the silver clutch were added on values and went along just about perfectly.

"Oh my God Nandini!! You look so pretty", exclaimed an over excited Soha as she embraced me lightly.

She herself looked nevertheless pretty in her full length cream color gown which was slit from her mid thigh, exposing her sexy legs at every second step that she walked. She also greeted Navya standing beside me dressed in a black saree. I had forced Navya to undergo the same torture as she made me do and thankfully I did that because now I had company. In the whole party we were only ones to be dressed in Indian wear and that made us stand out as well. I could sense that everybody around ogled at us at least once which was certificate enough.

"Where is Manik?? And Cabir", Soha interrupted my thoughts of slaying Mr. Malhotra.

"They will come in some time I guess, we came early", Navya replied.

Soha took us along with her and made us meet her dad Mr. Puneet Dhanrajgir. He was a thorough gentleman. He showed no qualms of being a billionaire and was welcoming enough. Soha excused us to attend other guests. My eyes were watching the entrance. I wanted him to see me in this new avatar. Navya could read my restlessness. She warned me to be composed and not let loose in front of him. Just then my wait was answered; I spotted Manik at the entrance along with Cabir. I didn't know what effect I would have on him but I could die for him at the very moment. He looked drop dead handsome in his black tuxedo. I was so captivated that couldn't help myself to move.

"Nandini focus you have to make him fall for you, you cannot be swept by him", Navya gritted her teeth and whispered to me.

I immediately broke the gaze and freed myself a bit. I think he noticed that as his teeth flashed to light up his face. Soha literally pounced on him the moment she saw him.

"Does this girl remember that she is supposed to be marrying someone else??", Navya looked equally irritated at Soha's gesture towards Manik.

After they were done Cabir and Manik walked up to us. Mukti had skipped the party she had some other commitments to honour.

"You... look... aaamaaazzzing!!!!!.................Navya", Manik gave a long thorough look at me and shifted his focus to her making me go red not in embarrassment but in anger.

My jaws clenched together to suppress my rising temper. What the hell!! he was ignoring me like I was not there. Even Navya felt a little weird and just smiled back. Cabir had a broad smile as he was aware of his friend's tactics very well. The waiters served us drinks and soon we were joined by Harshad.

"Hey guys you all look so amazing and Nandini.. boy you look so different..you look so beautiful."

At least some one had the chivalry to notice and acknowledge my efforts. I felt happy or in fact I pretended in front of Manik. I flashed and ear to ear smile and thanked him for the compliment. I deliberately looked at Manik to count his frowns. But to my dismay he was pretty chilled out in fact he was talking to Cabir about work. I felt like punching and slapping him for being so mean. I wanted him to be close to me, to hold me or to look at me at least but he seemed to be busy in his world.

Harshad asked me to join him for a dance; Manik did give me a look the moment he heard that but then went back to his discussion. Navya elbowed me to go with Harshad and I did it. I didn't know if that would make Manik jealous or not but I definitely wanted to have a good time that too with someone who was interested in me.