Chapter 27 - Attempts to Fixing

"Cabir Cabir Cabirrr.....", Manik almost crushed all the bones of Cabir into a tight bear hug.

Cabir was almost gasping for breath but seeing Manik's excitement he could guess that something big had happened. Mutki waited for Manik to spare Cabir alive and spill the beans.

"She has my baby... she has my baby...I have not lost my baby", Manik teeth flashed the widest as he finally uttered amidst hasty breaths and moistened eyes.

"Are you serious Manik??", Mukti gleed cheerfully

"Yes yes yes I just over heard her conversation with her mom"

"That's great news yaar..I was always sure Nandini is a very sensible girl and she could never be this cruel. ", Cabir was beaming with his friends excitement.

"Where are you going Manik??", Mukti asked as she saw Manik attempting to leave

"Arey I have to rush there is so much to do..I have to buy a ring ..I have to propose her..I will talk to her family..we will get married and we will have our baby"

"Manik Hang on hang on..I know that you are very happy but you cant forget Nandini is still mad at you..unless she says yes..everything is incomplete"

"Mukti is right..you still have a long way to go boy..Nandini's wedding is fixed and her family is quite happy about it..we have to be careful before anything we do"

"I won't let those jerks anywhere close to Nandini or our baby..do you guys know what those bas***ds are up to.."

Manik narrates everything that he had over heard to Mukti and Cabir. They were shocked to know about Dhruv's parents especially after they had met the sweet and simple Dhruv, it was difficult to believe that he belonged to a family like that.

"Manik meri maan jo ho raha hai hone de...lets watch first what is happening and then we will figure out what to do next..it is a sensitive issue and we need to deal with it accordingly ..till then you focus on pacifying Nandini...once Nandini is with us we can have those creeps wherever we want them to be."

Manik was not very elated about the idea of waiting. He was as such impatient and now after knowing everything it was going to be more difficult for him to stay away. But somehow reluctantly he gave in to Cabir's suggestion.

***

"Baby relax!! Your Dad is the heights of impulsiveness..he was just jealous that I didn't give him enough importance and he had to react some way so he did this", I caressed my tummy and tried to breathe first. Manik sudden kisses had shaken and relaxed me at the same time. It wouldn't be wrong if say I needed them badly. Only he had the power of soothing my senses to this extent. But did he really do it because he just had to show his claim on me?? What was that smile on his face?? I couldn't understand. It would take me ages to understand Manik and his impulsive behaviour. But right now there was something more important. I had to stop Nanu from doing this mistake.

***

In the living area with Mom Nanu and our family priest

"Mehta Sahab is mahine ki anth tak 3 tarik hai shaadi ke liye..is mein se koi bhi tarik subh hai",Panditji declared after carefully studying his books.

"Papa mujhe lagta hai hamen pehli wali date hi tay karleni chahiye..main is shaadi mein koi deri nahi chahti", Mom suggested Nanu in a worried tone.