Chapter 30 - My world lies here...

Manik came to me smiling. I knew the reason behind it and looked elsewhere to not let him make fun of me. He came and sat beside me on the bed.

"So Nandu now that we have enough time..batao..What's cooking in your mind? What were you doing with Dhurv at the registrar office??" he peered at me like an interrogator.

I tried to get down of the bed but he stopped me by my wrist.

"Stop it Nandu!!! Enough is enough!!! I know you are not going to marry Dhruv and you know that he is in love with someone else with the same girl I spotted you guys with the other day..so just tell me..I am not going to let you go anywhere till you spill the beans", he made sure that he sounded determined.

Even I was tired of this cat and mouse game and just gave him what he wanted.

"Fine then..you want to know the truth so just hear it out..yes I am not marrying Dhruv and I know about his girlfriend Krissane and I am trying to get them married..a registered marriage won't be possible at such a short notice so I am having a catholic wedding for them..Now you know..HAPPY..Mr. Manik Malhotra ..now have you got your answers or is there anything else left.", I blasted at him ignoring the surroundings.

"So what were you going to do after this?? How would you have dealt with your family?", he looked equally surprised and shocked.

"I would have done whatever, left everyone and gone somewhere or would have killed myself but would never come back to you", I released my hand from his grip and stood straight.

"Don't ever say that..Don't you dare think about hurting yourself...", he held my arms tight and cupped my face to make me look at him.

"Why does it even matter to you Manik?? You hate me na because I lied to you..you think I am an opportunist who wants to use her baby to get back at you", I didn't realize when I had started crying, "and how do you know this is your baby?? huh according to you I am keep using people na so this could well be someone else's.."

"Don't say that please...I know this is my baby", Manik pleaded in his softest tone.

"You wanted me to get rid of it..you didn't want the baby..you said I was using my baby ..How could you think of me like that??", I mumbled in between sobs and hiccups.

"I was drunk Nandu..I was drunk Nandu...I didnt even show what s**t I was talking. ..Are you going to hold that against me??", he was frantically trying his best to console me.

"Yeah right Mr. Manik Malhotra it is never your fault..you have an excuse to defend all your actions..I was wrong..it was all my fault that that I fell in love with you..left my family ..embarrassed them..didn't think about them once because I wanted to be with you and this is how you treat me", I was wailing inconsolably.

"Please Nandu stop crying..you can't take it in this condition..fine you want to punish me just hit me punch me, dig your nails into me do whatever but please stop crying", he extended his hands so that I can vent all my frustration on him.

As if I needed his permission, I couldn't see him clearly even if he was standing right in front of my nose, the tears had clouded my vision completely. But yes I wanted to punish him, punish him for hurting me so much, punish him making me cry so much, punish him for making me feel so vulnerable and helpless. I slapped and punched his chest incessantly to let out my anger. But it hardly affected him; he stood there like a rock.

"You hurt me so much...maine kitni bari sorry bola tha but still you treated me like filth..you vented out the entire frustration of your Mom on me..why bolo why.. because I loved you...you humiliated me in front of the whole office..", I clutched his collars and demanded my answers from him.