Chapter 33 - Looking For You

"What the hell does he think of himself?? Fine!! Huh!!..yeah right ..even I am fine in fact more than fine..I hate him I hate him I hate him", I mumbled incoherently to myself while I found tears welling up in my eyes. I had become such a crying jag. I might not have shed this much amount of tears in my entire life as much I have cried for him and because of him.

"He is a jerk, a douche bag..I say something and it affects him.. does he even remember what all he has done to me?? How much he has hurt me?? I could have just lost our baby our first baby. I went through so much pain and he has to just show his attitude. He didn't even look at me..what if I need something..If I am okay or not.. nothing.. Fine even I am not bothered Mr. Manik Malhotra.", I was damn pissed with my man.

All the cushions were now decorating the floor that I had punched and thrown away. I was so restless and irritated. My behavior was now getting on my nerves only. What do I want?? I asked him to get out and he left, then what is it that is bothering me. I felt sick and dehydrated. I picked the sole pillow lying on the bed and placed it on the bed rest to relax my back. The last night flashed in front of my eyes. We had sex or we made love. I could still feel his possession over my body. My skin flushed with the thought of his touch. I knew I enjoyed it in fact needed it. He was the only man on the face of earth I would allow to get that close to me even when I am mad at him. But am I really?? If he again came back and held me I will let him, kiss me I will let him, make love to me I will let him. The feelings concerning him were always over powering and extreme that's why we never had anything normal in between us.

I looked at my finger where his ring was fit seamlessly. I traced it lovingly with my thumb and a smile crafted my lips. He was mad he actually slipped it into my finger while I was sleeping. It was a beautiful ring, simple and elegant. He knew I didn't like extravagant things. I pulled the ring out with a slight push and it slid out and l looked at it carefully. I had shrieked the moment Dhruv's Mom had put her hand on it and Manik jumped to my rescue. I needed it on my finger at that time to escape Dhruv's ring but amazingly it was still there whereas the one on my right hand was nowhere and I didn't care as well. I placed it back on my finger. It looked good on me. I adored the look of it when I was snapped out of my thoughts with the sound of a thud.

"Have the breakfast and take your medicines", Varsha banged the plate on the side table and went straight to the cupboard without meeting my eyes.

I looked at the sad food plate. It had a glass of milk and banana pineapple salad with a bowl of boiled veggie soup. My face distorted at the view of it. My life was insipid and the food also vouched for it.

"I can't have this. I want some cheese sandwich and mango juice", I announced in a mixed commanding and irritated tone.

"I am not your husband who is going to work according to your whims and fancies. This is the food that you have to eat and you don't have a choice in that. So have it and get ready", she replied sternly as she kept some clothes and jewelry on the bed.

"For what??", I was confused.

"In case you don't remember apparently you are supposed to be married in two days time..its the Mehendi ceremony today.", Varsha glowered her big round eyes at me.

I had almost forgotten. My life was in such mess that I hardly figured out and remembered things. Before I could say anything further three of my cousins cheerfully thronged my room along with two other distant aunties. They were surprised to see me still on bed and gave exaggerated expressions as to how I had to incorporate the habit of getting up early and pleasing my in laws and husband with mouth watering breakfast. Obviously they didn't have a clue about the eventful night and the uneventful morning following it. But it wasn't their fault either I was expected to be happy and chirpy about the whole madness going on around me. They had taken the burden of compensating for my joy and seemed over excited about every small thing. My pale face and swollen eyes concerned them but the next moment they broke into giggles with silly jokes. I politely replied about my ill health because to the fast previous day and Varsha gave me a fed up look. Yet she managed to drive everyone out of my room and warned me to finish the food quickly and come downstairs as soon as possible.