Chapter 16 - The Present Again

Present Day in Ahmedabad

"Manik will you stop measuring the room now???", Cabir told Manik scornfully as he saw him hastily pacing to and fro in the room.

"Seriously Manik relax yaa, we will chalk something out to turn her around", it was Mukti's turn to pacify him.

"Why the hell is she being so adamant? She is going to have my baby..my baby and she says I have no claim on them", Manik was irritated and helpless at the same time . "She is not letting me come close to her, to touch her? Tell me Cabir do I need any certificate to have them in my life", he was trying his best to control his anger and gritted his teeth together to express his temper.

"Manik calm down..you surely don't want Nandini's family to come to know the actual reason of us being here..isn't it ..so just be careful" Cabir tried his best to let Manik get a hold over his rising voice."you should have thought about that when you were fighting like maniacs..that time whatever I said was wrong", Cabir added further, he could not miss out on a single opportunity to blame Manik for this situation.

"Really!!Its all my fault right, she never did anything wrong, you guys can never see her fault", Manik defended himself putting up a sarcastic tone.

"Manik lets not get in to the blame game now, it's not going to take us anywhere. We seriously need to think how can fix this. It's just a few days left for the marriage."

"I have to meet this Dhruv guy...I don't know why but I think there is something fishy."

"Now you don't do anything stupid, let me think of something", Cabir said.

"Do you want me to talk to Nandini? I know we have never been great friends and all but may be being a girl I can help.", Mukti was genuinely concerned about Manik getting so hyper about the whole situation.

"Huh!! You think you can..she is the most difficult person on earth to deal with..neither can she think straight nor talk straight"

"Manik you cannot deny you have hurt her that too when she needed you the most and now if she is angry you have to handle her with patience.", Mukti had a point when she said that.

Manik knew that he had to be patient, even though he was fighting every moment within himself.

"I cannot stress her. But I cannot leave her alone as well. She is definitely up to something and I have to make myself aware of it. Alright guys I shall take a note of that. Mukti, Cabir I think you should head back to Mumbai now. There is no one there and a lot of things need attention in AURA. Now that I am not there you guys will have to take charge."

"Are you sure you can handle the whole situation here alone, I really cant trust your temper" Cabir mocked in his own way.

"I don't think so... Manik knows one stupid mistake from his side and what it can cost him", Mukti made a gimmicky face and nodded her head like a pendulum as she said that.

All of them fell into a moment of silence when Mukti started again, "Manik isn't it strange you have actually put everything at stake that has taken us years too achieve for this one girl", Mukti remarked with a tinge of surprise.

"And this one girl is worthy by every sense of it to stake your life for,", Cabir raised his brows at Manik for agreement and completed Mukti's sentence.

Manik just smiled at both of them. At a given moment even he was surprised, everything that he had toiled day in day out for was secondary now. He would not deny the fact, from the day Nandini stepped in his life everything changed on its own be it missing important meetings, encouraging her to take up job, literally going against her colleagues to let her handle vital projects and presentations. She mattered to him and that too the most. Even though he had been on a denial mode about it since long he couldn't agree any less now with the fact that she defined his life and him.