Chapter 36 - They are Love

I came out of the wash room dabbing my mouth with a towel. I had puked thrice in the last one hour. The growing anxiety too was doing no good. What is taking him so long?? Should I go and check on them?? I couldn't get that look on Nanu's eyes out of my sight. I was scared to death with the feeling what Manik must be going through now. After what he saw today morning it wouldn't be difficult for Nanu to guess that I was pregnant with Manik's baby and most definitely I was the reason why he was here.

I paced around my room like a maniac. I should confront them now I can't let Manik get churned alone. I am equally responsible for everything between us including our baby. So why does he need to face it alone. I tossed the towel on the chair and headed outside but before I could reach the door Varsha came in with a tray in her hand.

"What?? Where??, she was puzzled at me sudden movement outside, "Where were you by the way?? I didn't see you when I woke up. Must be with Manik right..you guys are seriously impossible..someday I will have a nervous breakdown because of you two." She crossed me and placed the food tray on the side table.

"Well may be that day is today", I licked my dry lips out of apprehension.

"What??"

"Nanu saw us...together...in each other's arms and he has called Manik..to talk..ALONE", I somehow managed to blurt a few words which made the most dreadful sentence of my life.

"Shit!!! I knew you guys would mess it.", Varsha shook her head in despair.

"Varshu its one hour already..I don't know what is happening there..I can't let him do this alone", my remorseful voice was getting weaker and I tried to step outside.

"Hang on hang on..listen Nandu stop panicking na..it had to happen someday so let's just be positive..see I think Nanu will understand..he loves you a lot and won't deny you your happiness which is Manik", she tried to inflate my hope amidst the mess around.

"Then why did he want to see him alone..he could have called me as well..this is not good ..I am really scared."

"Okay..relax first...Nandu breathe..there is no need to panic..I am sure Manik will handle everything..Fine wait I will just go and check on them okay..you stay right here and please eat something you need to take the medicines as well"

"Varshu I want to see him", for some known reason tears had already started dripping and gracing my cheeks.

"Nandu please don't worry..I will just see and come back okay and please have your breakfast yaar you can't keep the baby starving for so long", Varsha cajoled me and went out.

I was being harsh on the innocent soul inside me. It was almost a disgrace for a mother to be so lackadaisical about her baby. But I couldn't gulp food down with all the myriad thoughts running in my mind. I reluctantly walked to the table and picked up the glass of juice and took a sip or two. I was myself hungry but just didn't feel like eating. I was getting restless by each passing second. Varsha was going to come in a jiffy..where did she vanish?? Did she get caught or something?? Or some new problem cropped up. I couldn't bear this torture that my brain was playing with me by suggesting all the horrible possibilities and finally I decided to see things for myself.

I was debating whether to call Manik or directly go to Nanu's room. I fidgeted with the phone for a while and dialed his number and then came the same reply. His phone was switched off, which meant he hadn't charged his phone yet from last night. This guy knew all the ways to give me a heart attack. I went to his room first but then he was not there even. Was he still with Nanu?? Now my heart pounded faster. I hurried to the living area and to my surprise I found Manik there talking to one of the uncles.