Chapter 32 - The Red Dawn

It was early in the morning around 6.30

"Awww...", Manik shrieked in pain as my nails clawed on his bare chest, "What are you doing Nandu let me sleep na", he mumbled in his slumber.

My head rocked on his arm where I was sleeping peacefully until sometime back. Manik folded his arm to get me closer to him as my head slowly slid from his arm and coiled into his chest.

"Ma..Mani..ik..Manik..its pai..ning..Man..Manik..please..Ahhh..its ...pain..ing", I could barely form words in my mouth as one of my hands held by lower abdomen tight while the other tried to wake Manik up.

"Nandu what is it..not again okay..come on now..you don't need to make an issue out of this..", Manik was still in the drool with his eyes shut.

"Ahhh..Manik..", I let out a loud cry because of the unbearable pain and the known fear that was engulfing me from all corners. The pain was so much that my voice could hardly support it and helpless I began sobbing.

Manik raised his head a bit to have a look at my face but couldn't as it was shoved some where in between his chest and the bed. My body had coiled up like a ball under the blanket that had Manik too in it. I was wincing in pain and Manik still could not figure out what was wrong. He let me be the way I was and got off the bed and dressed up while I squealed and squeaked under the blanket.

"Nandu enough now..stop faking okay..I know you are fine..whatever happened last night just happened yaar...are we strangers or what that you need to behave like this..so you don't need to blow this up..come on get up now", He actually thought I was pretending like the other day.

Manik waited for me to respond but my voice was getting lower and movements restricted. With whatever energy that was left in my system I could just whimper in pain and fear. Manik got a little tensed now. He came closer and called me once again and when I didn't react he reached out for my hand under the blanket to pull me up. Manik dragged my hand out and his heartbeat stopped at the view he saw. My palm was smeared in blood. His eyes bulged in shock and concern. Manik immediately bent down on me and grabbed my arms to make me face him.

"Nandini..Nandini..are you okay..please Nandini open your eyes..please ..please talk to me", Manik cupped my face, patted my cheeks and called frantically.

I couldn't respond, the pain had almost killed me. My eyes were struggling to be open to see him. It was like life was slipping out of my body. Manik removed the blanket and saw blood patches on the bed. He couldn't breathe as he saw me lying like a lifeless object. Manik reached for the jug from the side table and sprinkled some on my face and head.

"Nandu please talk to me..I beg of you", he once patted my cheeks as he saw me react to the water droplets.

"Manik..Manik..my baby", I cried as soon as I could a little.

"Nandu kuch nahi hoga please hold on..main kuch nahi hone dunga tum dono ko I promise", he tried his best to console me.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer, "Manik..please..I want my baby..please I want my baby", I was crying like hell and now more than pain it was fear. Fear of losing the most precious thing of my life. Fear of having to let it go.

Manik was petrified to see me in that state. He couldn't see me in pain and crying for our baby. He himself was shattered and must have hurled 100 curses to himself for being reckless. Manik was so scared that he didn't know what to do and whom to call. He quickly covered me with the blanket and traced his phone when he heard a sudden knock at the door. He didn't respond and just then the voice from the other side came.