Chapter 20 - The Last Few Nails

It was around 12 when we reached Soha's farmhouse. It was a poshly designed bungalow with a beautiful garden surrounding it. The watchman at the gate confirmed our appointment and let our car in. We halted a little behind the main entrance. While I stood mesmerized by the absolute natural beauty in front of me, Manik got busy with parking. I could kill Manik had he not got me here.

"Who is going to carry these bags??", Manik screamed at the top of his voice to pull me out of the admiration trip.

"I can't.. it's your turn now", I darted back at him rudely and walked in as he gaped at me with the bags in his hand.

Soha was always a very warm host; she immediately came to receive us. She was one of those over joyous species. I didn't know if it was because she was going to be married or was it because of Manik. She greeted me with a tight hug.

"Hey Nandini..it's so good to see you after such a long time..I hope you have used this time to make me some mind blowing outfits."

"Well that's for you to decide", I replied with a warm smile.

Soha broke her affection for me the moment she spotted Manik standing behind me and pounced on him for a cozy hug. Manik struggled to stand straight with the four bags but as he saw me looking at them he immediately responded to her in an overtly cheerful manner. Although I didn't get intimidated but Manik's behavior was surely annoying me. After their PDA we started with the work we were there for. Soha more or less loved all her attires for her Mehendi and Engagement. She had a little issue with her Sangeet apparel. She wanted slits in her lehenga. It was bothersome though but she wanted it and we had to honor it. All of it was more or less sorted. Only her wedding dress had some more work left.

She invited us to stay back for lunch. I was feeling exhausted but couldn't refuse her. Manik tried to bother me by being overfriendly with her but strangely I didn't get jealous this time. I didn't know if it was because I was aware that he was faking it or because I was just tired. I excused myself to sit at a little distance and relax.

"Hey Nandini how are you doing??"

I turned to the familiar voice and found Harshad smiling at me.

"Hi.., I am good..How are you??"

"I am good as well..but you don't seem fine..that day also you vanished from the party ..is everything okay??", he queered to have a proper view of my face that looked somewhat pale.

I just smiled at his question. Although I had met him just thrice, he was a perfect gentleman who knew his ways to deal with ladies.

"No really I am fine." I said with an assuring broad smile

"Amm..okay...I don't know if I should be asking this but is everything okay between you and Manik..I mean he treats you like..."

Harshad had probably noticed that Manik was bothering me throughout the meeting by contradicting me and trying to overshadow me.

"Harshad you are right..you shouldn't be asking me about this... whatever it is even if there is anything..it is between Manik and me..so I hope you understand", I think I was direct enough to stop his queries about us.

"Okay I understand and I have an offer for you..listen I think you are very talented..you have done a fabulous job with Soha and you certainly deserve better opportunities...I have a few friends if you want I can talk to them..you will definitely have a better career with them.

"Thank you Harshad I appreciate your concern but I am happy being in AURA.", I said politely he was our most esteemed client after all.