Excerpt 3

I had the similar jittery feelings as we crossed the main lonuge of Aura as I had on day 1. I was walking in after quite some time. Manik could read my restlessness. It wasn't long that the people their had witnessed a different or may be the worst phase of our relationship. My mind was racing with questions even though I knew no one would dare to ask me anything. I looked at Manik for assurance and he was chilled as always.

"Are you like nervous?", Manik cringed his brows and asked.

I didn't answer and just bit my lips and fidgeted with my fingers and Manik knew what he had to do. He immediately slid his hand around my waist and gripped it tight. He had not changed one bit when it came to us being in public. He was unabashed and unaffected about what others might think of us. He never bothered before and he still doesn't care now. In fact now he was all the more authorized to behave so.

"Now are you okay", he smiled charmingly and led me inside.

We walked in and the reaction we got was something I had not expected. As we entered I saw that everyone wore a warm smile on their lips and Cabir and Mukti stood with a king size bouquet and a broad smile on their faces. Everyone greeted us with warm genuine wishes as we walked past them and I felt a joyous glee in my heart.

"Welcome Mr. & Mrs. Malhotra", Cabir welcomed us in a cheerful tone.

Mukti and Navya also congratulated us once again. The place seemed new and beautiful , months back when I had walked into Aura first I had to bear so many bizzare looks and disgusted expressions but today it wasn't the same. My relationship with Manik was certified now and no one could have a dint of doubt on it. It was so fulfilling to be surrounded with affection and positivity. I looked at Manik and he assured that this happiness was permanent like forever.

***

I shut my eyes desperately as I heard the door being opened. I was sure it was Manik and he would eat me alive. I literally cursed the nurse for informing him about this minor accident but she said I was injured and pregnant so my husband had to be there. I was praying every moment till he came down to the hospital.

I pretended to sleep as his footsteps became heavier. I sensed he was around but didnt dare to open my eyes. I was preparing myself to be blasted. He came and sat beside me and traced the bandage in my arm. It was just a small cut but with Manik I knew he would over react.

"Stop faking... I know you are awake", Manik spoke in a heavy tone which just implied he was dead serious and I should stop fooling around.

I slowly opened my eyes to find him looking straight at me. He was angry I could well read that. My voice had gone for a vacation in this dire situation.

"How did this happen?", he demanded sternly.

My mind fought a two way battle. No excuse could calm him so it was pointless to lie or hide and the only safe option was being the cute myself that I was around him.

"Woo..it was...I mean..it wasn't my fault", I did not dare to meet his eyes.

"Really!!!"

"Yeah I was just crossing the road... carefully... I promise I looked right and left first and then proceeded but it was this stupid auto that came from nowhere... It didn't hit me entirely...just my hand got a little bruised... But I swear I am fine..you can ask your princess too ...haina baby ..you are okay na...comeone tell your Daddy you are fine", I made a puppy face and looked at my tummy and then at Manik whose eyes hadn't softened one bit.

"You are 6 months pregnant and you ought to be careful about yourself.. Tell me which part of this sentence you don't understand", he said in a calm sarcastic yet concerned tone.

I just gaped at him apologetically. I knew it was my fault. He had always asked me to call him whenever I wanted to go out. But how could I take my husband with me for planning his birthday. I knew no excuse was enough and thus resorted to the plain and mundane term.

"Sorry... I am sorry Manik...I won't do it next time...I promise pakka wala", my eyes flickered at him softly.

"And you think I will let you ago alone next time...out of question", Manik zapped and stood up.

"Manik I said na I am sorry ..tum itna gussa kyun kar rahe ho"

"Gussa!! ...huh..kuch ho jata tumhe to...kya karta main...do you have any idea what I went through since I got the call from hospital and till I saw you in one piece", he was shaken and his tone said that.

"What could I do??? Its your first birthday with me and you went to office...baby told me let's plan a surprise for Daddy...I was just listening to your princess...how on earth could I know that the auto will choose to hit me of all people..", I tried to defend myself with ridiculous arguments.

Manik looked some what flabbergasted. He was unsure if he should blast me more or just laugh at me. But his blank face pinched me. I wanted to see the love in his eyes. I looked at him with teary eyes and he had to melt. Manik understood that it was about time to be done with his trade mark anger and I need some of his tender love and care and in a moments gap his eyes gave what I needed.

"Really so you were planning a surprise for me...can I see what is the surprise."

An instant smile adorned my lips as I saw the naughty look on his face. He wanted his surprise and I was willing to give it all. I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him on the cheek lightly.

"Take me home husband...you will not regret the surprise", I warned him in a slow seductive tone.

Although the surprise was not a surprise for him. He was more than used to these surprises but everytime the mention of it made him want it more. He just smirked at my mannerisms and thanked his stars to get his desired birthday gift.

"Let's go wifey", he pulled out his hand for me to grab it.

Guys koi padh bhi rahe ho inhe ya main faltu ka mehnat kar rahi hun?? coz m not getting any comments on dem...yes der were some issues yesterday but its sorted , u can on comment if u like them.