Chapter 34 - Finally became MaNan

I saw that massive giant (that's what it seemed from a low angle as I had spread myself on the floor) standing right in front of me and the moment I saw him the taps of my eyes were released in full vigor. I could make the Hirakud run for its water as it stood no match to me in shedding the salted water that testified my emotional state. I sprung up on my foot immediately and locked my arms around his neck standing on his foot, even that wasn't comfortable so I pushed my face into his chest. He stumbled a little by my sudden attack but managed to balance, he couldn't let me fall. It was solace for me; my thirst of waiting was quenched as my body seamlessly blended into his. I could breath and the blood in my veins found its pace. I assured myself that my man was there right in front of my eyes and in my arms.

He just stood there but didn't react. My shoulders danced in a tune as I wailed like a kid the moment at his cold behavior towards my embrace. I left his neck and clenched his shirt. My heena clad palms spoilt his white shirt as well as my mehendi but who cared.

"Why are you doing this to me bolo?? How could you just leave me like that?? I got so scared..You didn't even look at me and just walked away..you know that I need you and still you trouble me like this", I mumbled in between sobs. Yes he was the culprit and I had to complain him about himself.

He didn't move and stood like the calm pacific and I hugged him tightly. He didn't hold me back and honestly that bothered me. I separated my head from his chest and looked at his face. The wall was looking at the wall behind me. I figured he was angry. I waited for him to look at me but he didn't. I took both his hands and made them wrap around my bare waist due to the lehenga and skimpy choli that I was wearing. The next moment he slid his hand from my waist back to his side.

"I don't want to be called someone who is obsessed with your body", he informed me bluntly looking elsewhere.

I sensed he was hurt by my allegation this morning. But I was too vulnerable to pick up a fight with him or make him understand anything at the moment. My words would never be enough to express that I could never mean something like that. So I did it by action I again took his hands and draped around my waist to assure him that I belonged to him. This time he didn't leave me but didn't pull me either. His behavior broke me further. It hurt me that I was unable to get through to him.

"You know that I am pregnant...you know I am going to have your baby...tumhe pata hai meri tabiyat thik nahi hai..fir bhi tum aaise tang kar rahe ho mujhe ", I cried incessantly with the emotional blackmailing and my tears running state marathon.

The words were enough to stir him. He looked at me while a cried like a baby and slowly I found his arms tightening around my petite figure.

"Aur jo tumne kaha..I don't even have the right to be hurt..kaise bola tha tumne mujhe..", he replied in a very calm tone fixing his gaze at me.

"Main kuch bhi bol sakti hun tumko because you are my...", I couldn't finish but he understood what I meant while I whined more. "Aur isliye tum aaise revenge loge mujhse.. bolo", I was behaving like a 5 year old and I know I could have the leeway with him around me, "You just left me like that..didn't even bother to check if I was okay..if I had my medicines or not..you don't care about me..you don't love me..I tried calling you so many times but you didn't answer..I was so worried ..Varsha told that you left me..Why did you leave me say?? Why why??", I was crying incoherently.

Now he engulfed me into his warmth and a satisfying smile flickered on his face. He knew I was totally in need of assurance from him. He tried to hush me from crying more but I couldn't. By now I was a certified crying maniac who knew just to shed tears whenever Manik was around being sure that he would handle me.