Chapter 14 - Let it Go

Life had changed a great deal and for good. Everything was so much in sync and Manik was the lone reason for it. My world revolved around him. His love, his care, his demands, his habits, his wants defined my world. He gave me the sole reason to be proud of myself and I cherished every moment of being with him as I kissed my first ever pay check.

"So.. Happy!!!", he said embracing me lightly from behind. I didn't turn around and was still staring at the paper in my hand.

"Yes very!!", I said with the widest smile possible, "Manik I can never possibly explain in words, what you have given me."

He bent down to rest his chin on my shoulders and dabbed his head against my head lightly, "Now don't tell me you are going to get all emotional and I have to wipe your tears", he raised his hand to show me the tear droplet that escaped my eyes and settled on his hand.

And he did manage to make me smile again.

"So where is my treat", he wanted to lighten the going to be heavy moment.

"Sure.. what ever you want"

"You pretty well know what I want.", he said with his mischievous smirk.

Of course I knew what he wanted. The something that he was never tired of, the something that was like an addiction to him, the something like me.

"Did I hear someone say treat over here", Cabir remarked as he stepped in the conference room.

I tried removing Manik's hands around my waist but he was in no mood to let go off me. Every one else was also equally habituated in seeing us sticking to each other so it didn't surprise them any more.

"Bro her treats are only meant for me", he glared to Cabir

"Yeah I am just asking for a treat not attempting to steal her from you" Cabir clarified in an animated tone.

"Chal I shall treat you in my style", Manik left me and dragged Cabir out. I could only laugh at their silly behavior. Manik pushed Cabir out and ran back to me.

"Listen we will go out for dinner today."

"Manik Manik please lets have dinner at home only..I will make something special", I was excited. Cooking never excited me much but this was indeed a special occasion.

"SPECIAL!!! aahhaa, I have certainly rubbed you off in the best possible way..I shall wait for the evening then", he said in a flirtatious tone and left. I watched him slowly vanish out of my sight. He meant so much more to me than words could explain.

I finished off my work quickly and left for home. Navya also wanted her treat but I had promised my evening to Manik already so persuaded her to shift it to some other day. I also had to make it up to her for the heels.

I had to do so much, cooking being the toughest part. I tossed between recipes unsure how to go about it and began with small and steady steps. It was 7 and I was pretty much done with the dining arrangement. I had laid the table beautifully with scented candles in between, dimmed the lights. It created a perfect ambiance for a romantic date. No 5 star arrangement could stand a competition to what I intended to do for my love. Now it was my turn to get ready. I dressed myself in a beautiful baby pink full length gown that Manik had specially designed for me by Cabir. I left my hair open that was how Manik liked it. I had to make the occasion special for him. I wanted to thank him for his love trust and confidence in me. I looked at my watch, it was almost 8 and I heard the door bell and knew my man was home.

"Wooohoo some one's looking hot today", he remarked the moment I opened the door and he inspected me from top to bottom. He pecked me on the cheek to seal his compliment.